Nutts

Gear choice for the first time buyer.

Well, I have decide to buy new.
After much thought I am planning on purchasing a
Viper Container made by Thomas sports UK, Spectre 190, with a Speed reserve 170.

Just wondered on the thoughts of yourselves.
I know Javelin is the most popular but this container is £500 cheaper before import tax.

Your thoughts please.
Make mine a blue sky, please!!!

Being a gear dealer in the US, I'll give you more cost effective options from my side of the pond... sort of.

Containers: Wings or Infinity are two great picks.

Reserve: If PD is too expensive, consider a Smart by Aerodyne.

www.skydivewings.com
www.velocityrigs.com
www.Aerodyne-Int.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Many jumpers choose a reserve size that is between their current main canopy size and the next one they will likely jump.

HOWEVER. In this case, I beleive that there is too big of a difference.

When choosing to take this route, there are many considerations to take. PD reserves are a great product use for this purpose. Their reserves are sized accordingly. Ex: A 190 main "could be" paired with a 176r and then accomodate at downsize to a 170 very gracefully. Same with the 170 main and 160r to a 150 main.

I feel that PD reserves are easy to fly and perform so well that a SLIGHTLY smaller reserve is acceptable in most cases. I proved this theory with many "Flying the Reserve" seminars where our DZ was able to test fly reserve of all sizes. This include very experienced jumps and complete novices.

In short. I think it's okay to set up your first rig with a slightly smaller reserve. But please seek a proper gear consultation to discuss the pros and cons of your choices and to make sure you find a combination that is right for you.

I personally cannot tell this jumper about his reserve choice, because I have no experience with this brand. I don't know how it's constructed, what the "actual" size is, or how it flys and flares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!