FlyingJ

Overnight eating...

For those of you that work nights, do you tend to eat a full meal sometime in the middle of the night, or do you still try to go from dinner to breakfast?

I've been working a 24/48 hour shift for a few months now and am still getting used to it, both mentally and physically. I try to eat three solid meals during the day when possible, and have recently been finding myself picking up a 4th meal in the middle of the night when we're busy.

I've been trying to keep the snacking or overnight meal healthy, but the tendency is to end up stopping for fast food somewhere during the 30 to 40 mile drive between the hospital and the station.

Just curious how others that have been doing this kind of work longer tend to do it!

ps...it's good to be back on dz.com. Was gone for quite a while and happy to be reconnecting with some familiar faces.
Killing threads since 2004.

When I was in the military, we always hit up "midnight chow".....Loved eating late a night, but now that I'm slightly older, not so much.

I also did the ambulance ride thing for EMT a while back. I don't think I ever saw a skinny paramedic! So, your probably not the only one that enjoys a late night snack!

I don't think I ever saw a skinny paramedic! So, your probably not the only one that enjoys a late night snack!

You aren't kidding. I moved into this job from one that had me strenuously active 90% of the time. Even when we're working 24 hours straight there is hardly a moment of true physical work (short of having to lift Mama Cass onto a stretcher once in a while). I've had to completely overhaul the kind of working out I do.
Killing threads since 2004.