cpoxon

Bungees between metal on metal links

The bridle attachment point on my Crossfire2 is a metal ring and the bridle also has a metal ring on it. A meticulous rigger once put a bungee in such a configuration around the two rings so that no canopy material could be pinched and potentially damaged between the metal on metal. I'm trying to reconfigure this and it's like one of those logic puzzles as I can't figure it out! Call me stupid, but can someone please carefully explain (diagrams would be good) how to do this? I think it is some sort of simple figure of eight but for the life of me I can't seem to do it!
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Bypass the metal ring, and run the link throught the attachment point directly. Now there is never any tension between the ring and your link, thus no pinching of your canopy. You could rubberband the ring to the link just for the hell of it.

OR, lose the link, and replace it with a Slink, or some old microline fringertrapped into a Slink-like device.

OR, just hook it up and hope for the best.

Why not just remove the link from the bridle and larks-head it to the ring on the canopy?

It's not a link, it's a ring, sown into the bridle (Rigging Innovations Voodoo), so I'd need a rigger to do it, as it is on the canopy, but I might do that.

Bypass the metal ring, and run the link throught the attachment point directly. Now there is never any tension between the ring and your link, thus no pinching of your canopy. You could rubberband the ring to the link just for the hell of it

Hmm could do. But I'd still like to know how to bungee it, because it is bugging the hell out of me now!!

OR, just hook it up and hope for the best.

Yes, I think the chances of damage are fairly slim, especially with even halfway carefull packing, but it is a simple (or so I thought!) thing to do, so might as well....

I see, I'd think about removing the ring from the bridle personally. It seems a little redundant to me and I'd rather alter the bridle than the attachment point on the topskin of the canopy. My $0.02.
________________________________________________________________________________
when in doubt... hook it!