brunsky56

AFF

DO YOU HAVE TO COMPLETE ALL 7 AFF JUMPS AT THE SAME DROPZONE? I'M ASKING BECAUSE I JUST COMPLETED MY FIRST AFF AND PLAN ON JUMPING EVERY TWO WEEKS, SO I WOULD FINISH SOMETIME IN MID OCTOBER, AND A GROUP OF FRIENDS ARE GOING TO JUMP FROM A DIFFERENT DROP ZONE IN BEGINNING OF SEPTEMBER AND I WANT TO GO BUT DON'T KNOW IF THAT JUMP WILL COUNT AS PART OF MY TRAINING? IF I CAN'T WHAT KIND OF JUMP WOULD I DO? WOULD I HAVE TO DO A TANDEM?

Your capslock seems to be stuck ;)

You do not have to complete your AFF at the same DZ, well not unless you paid all the jumps in advance :P But it does help, and a AFF jump at another DZ may not be the exact same jump so it may "cost" you a jump. Better call that DZ first and ask, you'd likely also have to "book" AFF instructors for that jump anyway so make sure to call ahead.

BTW jumping only once every 2 weeks makes it quite hard to finish AFF in the minimum number of jumps anyway. I'd count on having to do some repeaters. Your best bet is to try and do more jumps quicker, especially during the first part of your jumping career.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

1 - turn off the caps locks

2 - instead of jumping once every two weeks, put the money aside every two weeks until you have enough to pay for the entire course. Then do 2 or 3 a day as quickly as you can so the training is current and fresh.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Different dropzones use different training programs. Some are different enough from AFF that you won't be able to just do the level you were scheduled for at your home dropzone, but most likely you'll be able to do something close to it, particularly if you're fairly far along in the program. Then when you get back "home", hopefully you'll get full credit for your other jump. So yeah, definitely call them ASAP to find out what they'll want and to schedule that jump, but also talk to the folks at your current DZ to find out how they're going to deal with it all. Good luck!

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan