Witelli

Articulated???

Hi,
This may seem like somewhat of a dumb question, but I'm new to the sport and am starting to look at gear. I'm a little confused as to what non-articulated/semi-articulated/articulated mean as it refers to the harness. Could someone please describe to me what are the physical characteristics of each as well as the advantages/disadvantages of these. Thank you very much.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but articulation refers to the use of rings at certain points in the harness, instead of big blocks of webbing. These rings are usually at the chest and/or hips. They tend, I'm told, to make the harness a lot more comfortable, especially on the ground and in the plane. Some say the chest rings can detract from the ability to make harness turns.
cavete terrae.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but articulation refers to the use of rings at certain points in the harness, instead of big blocks of webbing. These rings are usually at the chest and/or hips. They tend, I'm told, to make the harness a lot more comfortable, especially on the ground and in the plane. Some say the chest rings can detract from the ability to make harness turns.

Nice. You've been doing your homework Grue. Do you want a part time job in a gear store in California? :)
The hip rings are situated at the pivot point of your hips/leg. This allows a free range of leg movement without shifting your container around.

Chest rings are situated at or near the chest strap and allow more varitions in the harness.

Really you should look at the web sites of each manufacturer, because no two harnesses are created equal. Each manufacturer has their own design that makes them unique.

You can find a list of manufacturers and their web sites right here on dz.com under "Gear".

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me any time. If I don't know the answer, chances are I should be able to point you in the right direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!