jf951

who here is in college...

I feel your pain brother!!!

I'm back in school after about 20 years and find myself working on those papers till about 0700 at times....just in time to be turned in at 0900

Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I feel your pain! Been there, done that Livin on noodles, Mac and cheese, crammin to the last minute. It sucks! It really sucks once your done and figure out that time spent at school was a waste of time.>:(

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

No, it gets worse, y'all. Try online learning where APA formatting is left to the "facilitator's" interpretation. Did you know that clip art should be cited in a power point presentation?
Bitch took points off my "A" paper because I used a background color she didn't like on the power point slides! She thought it would have been more effective if I used Teal (as if!). Can you say "bug in your ass?"
In person, I would have been able to give her "the look," and all would have gone as usual , but online I can't give "the look" never mind bitch-slap the moron.
OK, I'm done now. Thanks for letting me vent while I clean my Gun.
can I borrow a jump ticket real quick?

I feel your pain brother!!!

The hell with pain, school time is the best time of your life! Real life obligations is a lot tougher than taking a test. As far as money goes, it's nice to live in a country where school is free and the state pays for your education. Too bad they don't pay for your skydiving though...

I have real life obligations and school too.

Hell,I'm 44 years old with a mortgage on 2 houses,wife,2 car payments and a serious disability!

So, I get real life,plus school life...I'm doing 20 hour days here brother:P

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I have real life obligations and school too.

Hell,I'm 44 years old with a mortgage on 2 houses,wife,2 car payments and a serious disability!

So, I get real life,plus school life...I'm doing 20 hour days here brother:P

Bry

I can see how that sucks. Life has never been better for me though. School beats the hell out of manual labour.

I wrote many papers late at night along with a few computer programs..... beer and sleep deprivation inspired!

I recently graduated in May of this year with my associates of science in IT. Sadly, still cant find a job in any related field doing that in SW Florida.

Good luck to all in college! The job market is a beast!!!!
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

I wrote many papers late at night along with a few computer programs..... beer and sleep deprivation inspired!

I wrote one last night too... Got tired of changing my MAC address by handjamming it...

Gotta love automation!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

and has found them selves finishing a paper at 3am
fuck my life B|

I have a 15-20 page grad research paper due on Oct 20th that I haven't even started yet. I usually spend the whole time before doing research here and there, but don't really sit down and begin writing until the 7-10 day mark since I work best under pressure. So, yes, I have been there plenty of times at 3am, coffee in hand, working the last bit on my paper that is due for my 8am class.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

No, it gets worse, y'all. Try online learning where APA formatting is left to the "facilitator's" interpretation. Did you know that clip art should be cited in a power point presentation?
Bitch took points off my "A" paper because I used a background color she didn't like on the power point slides! She thought it would have been more effective if I used Teal (as if!). Can you say "bug in your ass?"
In person, I would have been able to give her "the look," and all would have gone as usual , but online I can't give "the look" never mind bitch-slap the moron.

let me guess, going to Embry Riddle online? That's the program I am in right now for online grad school and each teacher seems to have their own interpertation to how they want their APA paper format. Drives me bonkers. I thought that was the whole reason behind having a set format??? WTF?? UGH!!! >:(

**Edited to add: I was already having a hard enough time writing to begin with because A.) my undergrad was in aviation meteorology which was mostly sciences/math like thermo, calcs, diff EQ, etc. (took like one writing class my fresh year, so my writing was really not that well practiced), and B.) what little writing I did do when I wasn't doing pages and pages of derivations for my undergrad was all done in MLA format, so yea, I was a little screwed when I got to the ERAU online grad program and it was not only APA, but it is whatever each teachers' definition of APA is!!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

let me guess, going to Embry Riddle online? That's the program I am in right now for online grad school and each teacher seems to have their own interpertation to how they want their APA paper format. Drives me bonkers. I thought that was the whole reason behind having a set format??? WTF?? UGH!!! >:(

**Edited to add: I was already having a hard enough time writing to begin with because A.) my undergrad was in aviation meteorology which was mostly sciences/math like thermo, calcs, diff EQ, etc. (took like one writing class my fresh year, so my writing was really not that well practiced), and B.) what little writing I did do when I wasn't doing pages and pages of derivations for my undergrad was all done in MLA format, so yea, I was a little screwed when I got to the ERAU online grad program and it was not only APA, but it is whatever each teachers' definition of APA is!!

Ugh don't you hate those APA formats. I am lucky that my online school follows the Purdue Owl formatting and each teacher cannot vary off of that. Thank god!! Those papers are a bitch but I sure can whip one out in a few hours. :)
You create life, life does not create you.