Zep

Tom Dowd

I just watched a documentry of Tom Dowd, Wow, Many of you older peeps might remember the name,
I think a lot of the younger ones won't know who he was.
Well he was a Studio engineer and later a producer, he was also a nuclear physicist who worked on the Manhatten project.
If you are like me you'll buy a song or piece of music and not really give a thought about the work that
goes on behind the scenes. That documentry was a real eye opener. The interviews with Eric clapton
and Gregg Allman really put things into perspective. Their were times watching the documentry when I
even got wet eyes.

I know it's a bit late, but thank you Tom and RIP

Gone fishing

Thanks for the heads-up on this documentary. Been listening to music that Tom Dowd was involved in since the 60's. The website for the movie is pretty interesting with an extended bio. His was a name that I have seen in the credits on many, many albums and cds...I look forward to seeing this to understand just what he was doing!

I found the dvd on Amazon and will add it to an order I am building. Thanks again :)

--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey