chrishansen

Who shit the Otter?

It was a rather peaceful morning at DeLand and I was looking forward to a nice morning jump after a couple weeks of bad weather. Sandwiched behind a couple of smaller groups, I settled in for what I though would be an uneventful ride to altitude.

After the hop & pops left and the door was closed, someone let out with a very unpleasant raunchy fart. Not that I haven’t been the recipient of skydivers inability to control themselves in the past, but this one was really sick and I wanted to barf.

It was not simply the stench which usually dissipates shortly, it was especially potent and lasted all the way up to 13.5. I was even hoping the plane would have some engine trouble and the pilot would order us all out early, but no such luck. I know everyone else smelled it as the usually formality of “high 5’s” was ignored and they only had one thing on their minds, to get out.

It was a rather peaceful morning at DeLand and I was looking forward to a nice morning jump after a couple weeks of bad weather. Sandwiched behind a couple of smaller groups, I settled in for what I though would be an uneventful ride to altitude.

After the hop & pops left and the door was closed, someone let out with a very unpleasant raunchy fart. Not that I haven’t been the recipient of skydivers inability to control themselves in the past, but this one was really sick and I wanted to barf.

It was not simply the stench which usually dissipates shortly, it was especially potent and lasted all the way up to 13.5. I was even hoping the plane would have some engine trouble and the pilot would order us all out early, but no such luck. I know everyone else smelled it as the usually formality of “high 5’s” was ignored and they only had one thing on their minds, to get out.

Because it was the Pilot, didn't you notice his uncontrolable giggling?