stitch

Facebook memorial page for Girl Fall Down ?

I've been considering setting up a memorial page for Shannon Dean on Facebook. She has a page on MySpace, but hardly anybody uses that site anymore. Also the majority of us weren't into the whole social networking around the time she departed.

Although I already have a blank account set-up, this would probably be better admintistrated by someone who was closer to her. To keep out all of the random friend requests of dorks thinking they were about to add some hot chick to their friend list.

This page would only be for photos, videos, and comments remembering Shannon. No mafia wars, green patch, or farmville requests. Although she probably would have dug those if she was still with us.

Comments, ideas. Discuss.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

I voted "no." It already creeps me out when FB says I should "reconnect" with someone on my friends list who is no longer with us. But at least I know those pages were originally created by the person themselves...

If you want to do a tribute page, do a page or a group, not a profile, that way people won't be asked if they want to be "friends" with a dead person. [:/]

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

A page is probably the better idea. I'll wait a while though to feel this out and see where it leads. I would really like Bob's opinion if he happens to see this thread.
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Just my very old school $0.02 worth so take it for what it's worth.

Maybe we should let the dead rest in peace.

Having said that I think the best tribute is to keep your memories of a loved one alive in your heart.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

If it helps "You" deal with death...fuck other peoples Opinions!

But comes a time, life has to go on.....

Amen.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

If it helps "You" deal with death...fuck other peoples Opinions!

But comes a time, life has to go on.....

It all depends on the person. I still haven't been to the Bonfire Memorial. I don't know if/when I'll actually go and visit, even though I still live close enough to go visit if I wanted to.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."