ryoder

This morning's scenic bike ride

Every time I start feeling proud of myself, I encounter someone who makes me feel like a wimp.[:/]
The summit is >14,000', and he had to negotiate grades up to 9%, although the average is ~6%.

It would have been really nice today were it not for the SCREAMING WINDS!>:(
I had to occasionally stop when I couldn't even hold a line, then wait for them to subside before resuming.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I hear you... Skinny fuckers... Last time I went up Mt Lemon, I was grinding away, at my casual slow pace (no, I'm not a climber:I'm fat lol) when I heard some guys talking from a distance behind me... No sweat, I dont mind getting passed by strong climbers.

Well, these 2 guys passed me, chatting and carrying a normal conversation... on their full suspension mountain bikes. We were not amused.
Remster

i drove up mt evens once and saw some people gringing their wat to the top. i thought they were bat shit crazy. i must now be bat shit crazy now because its something i want to do.

up until now i've done all of my riding in florida. now i'm in upstate new york and it all hills. (not compared to colorado, but certainly compared to florida). its completely different, i never settle into a groove and watch the miles tick away, but its fun.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

i drove up mt evens once and saw some people gringing their wat to the top. i thought they were bat shit crazy. i must now be bat shit crazy now because its something i want to do.

up until now i've done all of my riding in florida. now i'm in upstate new york and it all hills. (not compared to colorado, but certainly compared to florida). its completely different, i never settle into a groove and watch the miles tick away, but its fun.

A year before I moved here, (1995), I drove out here on a vacation, and encountered a group of cyclists grinding up a mile long hill in the Front Range. It boggled my mind that anyone would do that by choice.:S

After moving here, someone told me about the annual Bob Cook Memorial / Mt. Evans Hill Climb.
At first I thought they were joking.

14 years later, I'm finding I just can't get enough.B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Every time I start feeling proud of myself, I encounter someone who makes me feel like a wimp.

Every time I climbed a 14er, I saw people running at the top of the ridges. I can barely breathe up there.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Every time I start feeling proud of myself, I encounter someone who makes me feel like a wimp.

Every time I climbed a 14er, I saw people running at the top of the ridges. I can barely breathe up there.

I always see runners up there.
IIRC, all the runners yesterday were babes.:)
One of the Echo Lake lodge employees told me there was a foot race from EL to the summit just a couple days ago. Apparently, this has been going on for decades.