INSANEDADDY

Buzz Job....

One day working at Seattle Center, Sector 34 East of PDX, the supervisor came down and told me there were reports of a jet aircraft "doing aerobatics" over the town of Hood River, OR. Just so happened I had a Navy A-6 bomber down below my radar coverage, running the low level IR-344 route, just to the East of the town and estimated at that checkpoint about that time.

Did we know it was him? Hell, yeah.

Could we prove it? Hell no. Innocent for lack of evidence.;):D

I'd have to look it up as its been a long time, but Mullins was flying his King Air at Emerald Coast's beach boogie where almost every other load or so were beach jump loads. I think I made about 10 beach jumps over the whole weekend, and yes, we did have to catch a van ride back to the DZ each time.

I think it was the sunset load on Saturday, after we landed, Mike brought his King Air down for a low fly-by parallel with the beach, at maybe 50-80 feet. It was a glorious sight at the Florabama Bar and everybody was cheering.

I think he caught some flak from the FAA for that though.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi Daddy-O,
Go to the Reno Air Races in Sept. The whole race is a "Buzz Job!" The Air Show is good too. 'Don't know if he's still running, Guy Paquin in Race#90 "Buzz Job" in the Sport Biplane Class a yellow Mong Sport bi-plane. The old timers know him from Perris. 'Remember walking in from the landing area at Perris some years ago, there were these evenly spaced slits in the dirt??? Nice "Buzz Job" somebody???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS, "How low can you go??"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Never been to the air races but have seen them on TV........Those guys when they are turning look like they are going to drag a wing tip. I bet its a hell of a sight in person.

You dont't get to choose how you're going to die. Or when.......You can only decide how you're going to live........NOW.
-BASE 1605 Night BASE 227

Hi Matt,
Check the Air Race web site for info and dates. It's the 2nd weekend after Labor Day in Sept. Time trials start on Tues and Races are Fri Sat and Sun. It all boils down to the "Unlimited Gold Race" on Sun Aftn. 10 Laps and whoever sticks his prop spinner X-C the finish line "FIRST!!" is "The Winner!!" Then it's go back to the pits and star working on "Next Years' Race!!" BTW, one year Lefty Gardner(from around your neighborhood) in his P-38 "White Lightning" is proported to have taxied back to the pits after a race with sage brush dangling from his plane!!!!!B|B|

SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi Matt,
If ya' hang around airplanes long enough, you'll see "Buzz Jobs!!!" Up in the search box, enter "Buzz Job" and "Buzz Jobs" you'll get a bunch.Read the ones I posted about the B-17 and "The Lib" B-24 that buzzed Elsinore. Also others.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out