Wings-n-Things

WTF happened to my 49ers???

Too bad the gold rush wasn’t in 1869.

The name change for the team would spice things up a bit!

And if they still sucked, at least they can say that’s what they’re supposed to do!;)

Actually, IINM, the 49ers got their name from the 49th parallel longitude (not exactly sure), and not from some year.

But hell, the 69ers would be funny. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

And if they still sucked, at least they can say that’s what they’re supposed to do!;)

Actually, IINM, the 49ers got their name from the 49th parallel longitude (not exactly sure), and not from some year.

You sure about that, Billy? That's out in the middle of the Atlantic. I'm pretty sure the gold rush happened in 1849.:D

Hey, 49ers fans, the Seahawks won again today. :P

You sure about that, Billy? That's out in the middle of the Atlantic. I'm pretty sure the gold rush happened in 1849.:D

Hey, 49ers fans, the Seahawks won again today. :P

hmmmm.... guess I got my facts wrong. :S Need to do a little research. :$
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You're right John, from wikipedia: The name "49ers" comes from the name given to the gold prospectors who arrived in Northern California around 1849 during the California Gold Rush.

I must have been thinking about some other line... perhaps the longitude that makes up the border between Canada and the US over the western half of North America?