WatchYourStep

Interesting TV Remote Problem....

Well i broke down and finally purchased a TV, thanks for all the feedback. I went with a Panasonic TC-P50G20 and it looks great. Set it up a few days ago and have run into a small snag.....

For the sake of discussion:

-I only have the cable box and the TV hooked-up via HDMI.

-I have 2 remotes, 1 for the TV and 1 for the cable box.

Here is where it gets strange. When I turn the TV on and put the input to HDMI 1 (where the cable box is plugged in), the cable box remote won't work anymore. I can't change the channels, but I have picture and sound on the screen.

If I turn the input to HMDI 2, the cable remote will work.

So if I'm watching ESPN and want to switch to ESPN 2, I have to change the TV input to HDMI 2, hit 234 on the cable remote, then enter, then turn the TV back to HDMI 1.

Suggestions on what the problem could be?

Thanks

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Ahh, the ol' ID-ten-T error.

Whats that mean?

I'm so technology incompetent that i would probably just buy a new remote and reprogarm it. way easier than fighting it. I just bought a brand new vizio 46" but i still don't have a hidm cortd becuse i can't justify spending 40 bucks on the stupid fucker
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

Exactly.

Thanks for that useless tidbit

Write it down... ID-the number ten-T

Oh hell. Here it is:

ID10T

:D:D:D

Now everyone is going to know... way to ruin it Billy:|

:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message