Jewels

Universal Studios, Harry Potter

My husband and I are getting ready to take a trip to Florida and I'm just wondering if Harry Potter is worth the price of separate admission at Universal Studios. It looks like a lot of fun on the web, but I'm just wondering if it lives up to some pretty lofty expectations. I hope so . . . it could be terrific, or a real let down!

(I tried to look for other threads on this topic and found a gazillion references to Harry Potter but only one passing comment about Universal. Hope it's not a repeat!)
TPM Sister #102

My daughter said, "absolutey worth it. The new castle ride is my all time favorite ride after only riding it once. And even though I had to wait 1 1/2 hours it was completely worth it. The whole section is amazing."

She's 21 and a total Harry Potter fan. The section has gotten a lot of press around here. What else are you planning on going to?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

A friend said to make that the first stop of the day. If lines are 1.5 hours, I see why!

We're doing the usual Disney extravaganza, I think, including the not-so-scary Halloween thing, Cirque du Soleil, a safari at Animal Kingdom and maybe a luau, if we can find an opening. We never had the money to do trips like that when I was a kid. I think I'm making up for lost time! :D

TPM Sister #102

I've done the not-so-scary Halloween thing. It's great, you zip through the rides and they give away good candy! :ph34r: Many adults dress up to, so bring a costume if you're into that. LOVE Cirque du Soleil. Grab dinner at Emeril's while you're at Downtown Disney, the food is very good there. If you venture to the beach, Kennedy Space Center is worth the trip too.

because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Good--glad you said "Emeril's." There are officially 60,000 restaurants in a two-block section of the park and my husband keeps asking where I want reservations. Now I know something to tell him!! ;)

I went to Kenney for a shuttle launch once and it's one of my all-time favorite memories. I would go back just for the regular tour again in a heartbeat! I don't know why that always gives me goosebumps, but it does!

Now I have to work on the costume. I'm hoping it's early enough in October that I can still find something good and easy to pack! I had no idea that you got to zip through the rides, though. That alone is worth it!!

TPM Sister #102

They close the park to the daytime guests and sell a limited number of tickets per night. I think the longest wait we had was 10 minutes on the day we went. That spoiled me from ever wanting to go on a "regular" day!

Oh...I forgot Emeril's is at Citywalk, not Downtown Disney! :S I went there before seeing Blue Man Group...another thing worth seeing!

Wolfgang Puck's is good at Downtown Disney. It's all in the same area, so a 1 minute stroll from dinner to the show.

I haven't been to the tunnel lately, but I don't think it's as powerful as what you're used to in Colorado. Someone in the Wind Tunnel forum might be able to answer that one. The facility certainly isn't as nice! If you eat on I-Drive, cafe Tu Tu Tango's is a cool place if you're into eating tapas.

I love tapas! Good suggestion, thank you! I plan to make eating an important part of this vacation experience. :) It sounds like a fun place.

I'm so ready to go. I wish it would hurry up and get here!!! :D

Two words - Speed Pass

Worth every freaking dime!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

message LadyDoc. shes been im pretty sure, and i know her sister works the attraction, if you want a good opnion on the whole thing shes the one to know.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.