br0k3n

Ajusting Brake lines

I'm trying to track down information on how to ajust brake line length...

Can anyone either explain. or does anyone know of any site that has information on this subject...

Thanks

-Oli
-----------------------------------------------------------
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

next jump, open high, 4 or so. come out of brakes. look up and see how much bow you have in the lines. the canopy should not show distrotion. watching as you pull down on one side, take the slack out, if any, till the canopy shows slight distortion. do the same on the other side. you can gage the amount in inches by the ring on the riser. in most cases, you can adjust an inch or so. take this info to your rigger and ask for his thoughts and help. hope this helps. good luck. all this is generally speaking and kids out there: don't thy this at home.

i've measured my lines against the recommended length from Icarus, and they're short :-(

I would simply give it to my rigger to adjust, however I am off across the country for a spot of ground launching this weekend, so wont be at DZ, and wont get chance to get my lines ajusted by a rigger.

Also I would like to be able to this sort of thing myself..
--+ There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.. --+

I wouldn't reccomend it with your jump numbers ;)

I'm trying to track down information on how to ajust brake line length...

Can anyone either explain. or does anyone know of any site that has information on this subject...

Thanks

-Oli

Have a rigger do it. I've lost friends a couple of times over the years due to a toggle coming off after a swoop and flare. If you are serious about doing your own rigging become a rigger it's very rewarding.

Mick.

don't trust the book all the time. just look at some of the FAA manuals and you'll see. take it for a flight and look up. if they are short, you'll see it. riggermick has it right. become a rigger yourself. making changes on your own with someone like me giving advice over the internet is not in your best interest. there are a number of schools or get with your local rigger and work under him or her. by the way, you don't need to go to that ground launch school, i can teach you all you need to know right here.just kidding. i wish i could go.have fun