Stem13

Bad Religion NYC 10/26

I haven’t seen them in a few years now. I was hoping to catch at least one of the 30th anniversary shows but wasn’t able to make it. was the show last Wednesday when they played stuff from “into the unknown”?

Are you going to Social Distortion next week?

Yeah it was. Tonight they are playing against the grain -> no substance.

I was thinking about going to social d...but haven't totally made up my mind yet. Do you know how much it is? I take it you are going?
some sort of crazy liquor cheeseburger party

Yea I’m going on Thursday. I think tickets were $35 if you get them at Roseland, $47.50 if you get them from Ticketmaster. I missed them when they were around a few weeks ago and when mike ness toured with his solo album but every other time I’ve seen them they put on a great show.

I think I was talking to you about jumping with gloves at the DZ on Saturday.

some bands that in my opinion were pretty bad and not so entertaining...Off With Their Heads I believe was one and the Aggrolites I believe were the other.

BR is coming to Seattle on Nov. 17th, with Bouncing Souls and Off With Their Heads opening, I'm a BR fan from back when, and Vskydiver and I both love catching a Boucning Souls show when they're in town., so I think we'll hit that one. It's not at one of our more favorite venues, but it'll do. :)

Edited to add that the Aggrolites are coming to town if Feb, warming up for Social D. We may skip that one.

it seems like a lot of the more popular bands have shitty openers.

Maybe it 'cause they know they can draw in the crowds no matter who's warming up, or maybe keeping more of the $$ for themselves. Other times, maybe they just want to give some one a chance. BTW, I like the Bouncing Souls. Good choice for a warmup. :)

I don’t know if I would call the bouncing souls a warm up for BR. They put on an amazing show by themselves. I would think they are playing together since they are both gona be in the area at that time and the souls are on their 20th anniversary tour and BR is on their 30th anniversary tour. I actually just saw the bouncing souls about a month ago playing on a cruise around Manhattan.

A lot of times the opening bands are people that they know or are smaller bands on the same record label. That way more people are introduced to them.

I don’t know if I would call the bouncing souls a warm up for BR.

Agreed. But indeed they are this tour.B|

They put on an amazing show by themselves.

We've caught two of their shows here in Seattle and they were great, good music, high energy. I had been a fan for a long time, Vskydiver was definitely a fan afterward.

A lot of times the opening bands are people that they know or are smaller bands on the same record label. That way more people are introduced to them.

That's how we happened to see Street Dogs a few years back in a small little venue. They were warmup, and I think it was the Bouncing Souls headlining. Mike McColgan even signed the CD of theirs I picked up after their set. Another good hardworking band. :)

Bouncing Souls + Bad Religion would/will be a great show for sure (despite off with their heads...)

From time to time you see those good line ups and have to jump on them, and granted, not always opening bands suck, I just don't see why all 3 nights Bad Religion had the same openers. One of my friends came with me last night and he's not (or wasn't) a big BR fan (last night changed that) nor does he really like punk at all and he even thought that the openers seemed really out of place.

AND Kevin - I am planning to go to social d next week...I bought a ticket last night, but I'll have to see how my week is treating me once Thurs rolls around.
some sort of crazy liquor cheeseburger party

I want to see the Aquabats and Reel Big Fish at Irving plaza next month, but that just isn't going to happen. I did however get to see the Scofflaws at a small bar on Long Island. That was an awesome show. They even played this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuGbdhF2BlQ
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192