Gawain

People Who Have Been Waiting for an iPhone on Verizon Wireless...

...might just see their wish granted (announced) on Tuesday in Times Square in NYC. For years, analysts, insiders, trolls, poseurs and the like have been hypothesizing when AT&T's exclusive agreement with Apple is up, and they've been wrong each and every time.

Even the Wall Street Journal is out-and-out saying it - Tuesday is the announcement (without citing a source other than "someone familiar with the matter").

Personally, the iPhone is not my cup of tea. But, this is a big deal in the US market. For those wondering if VZW would suffer the issues that AT&T bore the brunt of over the past few years, the answer is "no". Android users for about the past 9-plus months have surpassed iPhone users in data consumption and the network hasn't even hiccuped. It's simply a capacity and technology issue and CDMA/EV-DO runs circles around GSM/EDGE/HSPA even if it isn't as fast.

Having said all that, I think it will be funny as all hell if this announcement ends up being for something else...like more Droid stuff or HP WebOS stuff simply because it's been thoroughly entertaining seeing the rumor mills over the years. I'm also not convinced that AT&T's exclusive agreement is up, and given the activations that one device gives them, I have real trouble believing they would give it up unless someone wrote them a super fat check with lots-n-lots of zeros on it...like "eleventy-bazillion dollars"...

So, for those that have been waiting and haven't caught the word: 1/11/11 at 11am eastern...(how clever)...;)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

For those wondering if VZW would suffer the issues that AT&T bore the brunt of over the past few years, the answer is "no". Android users for about the past 9-plus months have surpassed iPhone users in data consumption and the network hasn't even hiccuped. It's simply a capacity and technology issue and CDMA/EV-DO runs circles around GSM/EDGE/HSPA even if it isn't as fast.

Not according to Amazon, she will tell you that AT&T is far superior in every way. :D:D
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

...might just see their wish granted (announced) on Tuesday in Times Square in NYC. For years, analysts, insiders, trolls, poseurs and the like have been hypothesizing when AT&T's exclusive agreement with Apple is up, and they've been wrong each and every time.

Even the Wall Street Journal is out-and-out saying it - Tuesday is the announcement (without citing a source other than "someone familiar with the matter").

Personally, the iPhone is not my cup of tea. But, this is a big deal in the US market. For those wondering if VZW would suffer the issues that AT&T bore the brunt of over the past few years, the answer is "no". Android users for about the past 9-plus months have surpassed iPhone users in data consumption and the network hasn't even hiccuped. It's simply a capacity and technology issue and CDMA/EV-DO runs circles around GSM/EDGE/HSPA even if it isn't as fast.

Having said all that, I think it will be funny as all hell if this announcement ends up being for something else...like more Droid stuff or HP WebOS stuff simply because it's been thoroughly entertaining seeing the rumor mills over the years. I'm also not convinced that AT&T's exclusive agreement is up, and given the activations that one device gives them, I have real trouble believing they would give it up unless someone wrote them a super fat check with lots-n-lots of zeros on it...like "eleventy-bazillion dollars"...

So, for those that have been waiting and haven't caught the word: 1/11/11 at 11am eastern...(how clever)...;)

If you look on verizons site itbhas the iPhone listed under their smart phones but just not highlighted.

For those wondering if VZW would suffer the issues that AT&T bore the brunt of over the past few years, the answer is "no". Android users for about the past 9-plus months have surpassed iPhone users in data consumption and the network hasn't even hiccuped. It's simply a capacity and technology issue and CDMA/EV-DO runs circles around GSM/EDGE/HSPA even if it isn't as fast.

Not according to Amazon, she will tell you that AT&T is far superior in every way. :D:D

How bout a review

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/01/counterpoint-wh.php#more
( And no... I did not write it);)

How bout a review

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/01/counterpoint-wh.php#more
( And no... I did not write it);)

You can only claim that because the ITU changed their definitions of the "4G" to include HSPA+ (which is what AT&T's "3G" network is, and is spotty)...so, which would you rather have, 3Mbps part time or 768kbps full time...and it's done.

By the way, a rant does not make any claims that AT&Ts network is better and the first feedback is a guy telling him he sucks...lmao!
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!