4000m

US Trip: NY & Oshkosh, Help needed!

I haven't taken the time to check SDChicago website, but Summerfest is usually during this same period, so if you fly from nyc to chicago, and rent a car, you can make a short side trip to Ottawa for the boogie. It's always terrific, and they will really make you feel at home.
I spent 8 days at Oshkosh last year, and barely got familiar with the ground. It is THAT big. REALLY!
I would echo the camping sentiment. There is so much that goes on at Oshkosh day and night, and everything you need to live on is there, somewhere. There is really NO reason to leave.
Last year a huge new shower house was built by the volunteers, and if I hadn't been lucky enough to be camping in Scholler Park by the showers and Big REd Barn Grocery Store, I would have camped by the new showers. Inside of the grounds, no car travel is permitted, but they have fabulous shuttles and an easy to follow map, so that you can get around the grounds just fine.
If you go, be sure to find the Catholic Church food stand, they have better, cheaper meals than any of the others. It took me 3 days to find it. I finally asked. (Man was I hungry by then!LOL!)
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]