labrys

PSA For all the "Kiss me, Im Irish" button-wearing wannabes out there.

Oh come on, everybody is Irish on St Patrick's day. Just like everybody is Mexican on Cinco de Mayo.

As a Brit in the US this sort of thing annoys me.

Go back and you won't have to worry about it.

I didn't say I worried about it. :P
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

St Patrick was not English!! He was either Scotish or Welsh depending on which story you read.

But yeah, I have to agree with some people here. It does drive me a little nuts when I talk to some American and they tell yu they are Irish and they have never even set foot in the country. "I'm Irish, my great great grandpa was irish, I'm an irishman" :S

I haven't seen this in any other country either, its wierd!!

Yep, hence the term 'Plastic Paddy' - AKA an American with some distant, irrelevant ancestry in 'the old country' (runs for cover). :o

Hmmmm...lessee.... That would be all Americans with the exception of any full-blooded Indians. ...and even they are Asians. I think Americans prefer to celebrate St. Patrick's Day because it's usually more fun than any of the British "days".

Yeah, I am surprised by the lack of pride Americans have to actually be American.

That's cheeky. :ph34r::D

I find it both humorous and sad when other nationalities identify themselves as English, Irish, French, German, Etc., Etc. when in fact they are just future Americans in waiting. ;)

Have you ever watched the Jersey Shore? How proud would you be of your culture when it appears that its manifest destiny is to export asinine media to the rest of the world?

Kiss me...I'm the asshole you've been waiting for. ;)

I think Americans prefer to celebrate St. Patrick's Day because it's usually more fun than any of the British "days".

And those are your only two choices; British or Irish?

;)
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

I think Americans prefer to celebrate St. Patrick's Day because it's usually more fun than any of the British "days".

;)

Only the ones with halfway decent music and wet t-shirt contests. (I also like Gasparilla Day in Tampa. Never been to Mardi Gras.)

;)

Only the ones with halfway decent music and wet t-shirt contests. (I also like Gasparilla Day in Tampa. Never been to Mardi Gras.)

Half decent music maybe but Irish girls im sorry to say are not as nice as American girls!

;)

Half decent music maybe but Irish girls im sorry to say are not as nice as American girls!

Well.. the wet-t contests I've seen are here in the good ol' USA. Maybe the girls are "plastic paddys" but I'm entertained. (silicone paddys?;)) ...and what would Hooter's be without their "Green Bikini Contest"?