agentsmith413

a cappella Thriller

I don't know what it is but songs done in a cappella sound so badass if they're done right. This is proof of that.

These people have some true talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUq4CadWL4M
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

To call that a cappella is a pretty big misnomer.

That is so heavily processed and auto-tuned it hurts to listen to. It's an interesting exercise in synthesis between music and machine, but that is NOT them singing. That is NOT anywhere near what it would sound like without the processing and them singing live without microphones in front of you.

It's just not.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

To call that a cappella is a pretty big misnomer.

That is so heavily processed and auto-tuned it hurts to listen to. It's an interesting exercise in synthesis between music and machine, but that is NOT them singing. That is NOT anywhere near what it would sound like without the processing and them singing live without microphones in front of you.

It's just not.

Listen to them at the link below. Have to be honest that it is better than I expected an unprocessed performance to be. Definitely not a fan of the over processing. Listening to the song below makes me think they should just forget the computers and let their voices be the art, forget all the manipulation. They have have the talent, why F*^& it up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=m7GjoKXE78w
Killing threads since 2004.

i certainly agree that it is a processed sound but then again what isn't processed that comes out of a studio recording anyways? im sure it wouldnt sound as good as it does in the studio but it still takes talent to do what they do.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

A cappella (Acappella): Italian for "in the manner of the church" or "in the manner of the chapel"

It's meant to be purely vocals. No instruments, no mixing boards, no nuttin... That piece is heavily modified w/studio trickery. Look around on the 'Net. You'll find real Acappella.