drdive

Changing Javelin Harness

I am looking at a used rig that has an appropriate main and reserve for my level, but theharness is a
C-18, and according to the charts on the Sunpath web site, I would need a C-16 or 17 - I am 5'8", and 170#. Is it easy to change a harness? Or is there enough margin in the harness that a C-18 would work for me??

Thanks in advance,

Ed in Spokane
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

A harness resize is not a big deal.

The C-18 may work for you. I'd try it on (fully packed) and see how it fits. You may find that it will work for your body shape/size. My first guess for a guy 5' 8" would be C-16/17 anyway, so you're pretty close.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I know a guy who's 5' 8" who's got two Javs, one C-16 and one C-17, and he didn't even know they were different sizes. I know another guy who's 5' 11" who has two Javs, one C-17 and one C-18, and he didn't know they were different sizes. I've jumped them all, and could maybe tell the difference between the C-16 and C-18, but thats a maybe. You should be fine, but still, try it on, with a rigger around who can asses the fit.