cguest4

RV Contacts

Hi all,
don't normally post much and know this is a bit of a long shot. A couple of awesome guys I know are cycling the length of the west coast (1900 miles), starting 1st August, in 14 days. They are doing it to raise money for a UK charity, Action Medical Research, in memory of the loss of one of the guys baby in 2005, see www.cycletoremember.com.
I'm not looking for donations, but they need to rent an rv to follow them down the route and to stay in and they are expensive. I wondered if anyone had any contacts who could do them a good deal or just suggest a company they know that does good deals.

Thanks,

Caroline

Check the 'Cruise America' website, quite often they have 'repositioning' deals. They have too many units at one dealership and need to get some taken elsewhere...all YOU pay is the gas and they give you lots to time to make the trip. Don't know if they have any that might fit your agenda but check...when doing so ya might want to ask if they would be interested in 'sponsoring' your ride with the use of an RV for a couple weeks. Never know! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Thanks for the suggestion, I've passed it on.

You're welcome. Tell your friends to maybe approach it as a 'sponsorship' type thing, offer up a proposal saying there will be newspaper interviews and pics, a video documentary, personal appearances along the route etc.
All featuring in part the sponsored RV...blah blah blah.

The Cruise America RV's are like rolling billboards with huge company advertising on the side, if they happen to have something that needs to be moved or not, ya wanna to show that it would benefit both parties if they were to become involved.

We've used them a bunch of times and they seem to be a good company.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

When my hubby and I did it, we logged 1863 mi. No sag wagon either. :) Staying in tents was no big deal, but cooking for ourselves was. It is almost impossible to eat enough calories if you're cooking for yourself at the end of a day where you biked 100+ miles.[:/]

We met the most amazing people. :)
Most of all, tell them to enjoy it.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9