freethefly

Kenda tires for a motorcycle

@ Warpedskydiver.
What kind of mileage are you getting on the rear?
Type of bike?
Weight on the rear?
Riding style?
Do you do a lot of engine braking?
Highways or back roads?
Type of road; asphalt, cement, chat...? I live on the back roads and they are all chat.
Mostly straight or curvy? Roads around here are very curvy.
Hills or flat? Mostly hills around here. I live in the Ozarks.

GSXR1100N 1127 CC reworking of the exhaust, bigger carbs (40mm), Yosh cams, Stage III, K&N, always on pavement, you really would not want to ride it only anything else.

I get two oil changes per rear tire, three per front tire.

The curvy stuff keeps the wear even, the straight up stuff is really bad for the tires, it makes the middle go flat.

Mine are their second softest compound, really good in rain though.

Yeah I do not use the brakes unless necessary, downshift and getting big (catching air) is usually enough unless I need to be really slow.

I ride fairly aggressively when conditions permit (newer pavement and no loose crap)

Thanks.
Like you, I,m on the curvy roads, more than straight roads. Also, as you do, I engine brake more than slapping on the binders.
Tires while be here on Monday. Odd, the battery showed up, just past 6pm on Friday. Tracking shows that it was shipped at the same time as the tires were. Oh well, anyways... another rider's review... (a few years old)
http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=96626

I'm feeling they'll be fine.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Well, found out this weekend that when the tread is gone on a Dunlop 404 you can't get one more weekend in the mountains out of it. Had to trailer the bike back to Macon yesterday. No blow out, just didn't want to ride the interstate home with threads showing.

Was it looking like this. This is the 404 I took off. I kept the 401 that I replaced with the 404 as a back up tire as it still had some tread showing. This is after near 3000 miles. I wasn't far from home when the thread made it's appearance. By the time I got home it was near blow out. Maybe another mile or two.
The Kendas' should be here in 5 hours.
Neil Young

Look at all that wasted tread at the edge ...
:P

Actually, I'm amazed that the sides hold up so well, with the roads around here being extremely curvy. Although, there is more meat on the sides than in the center.
The new tires got here last night at about 6:30. Waited until 8pm for it to cool down and mounted the front. It was still above 100. Going out to mount the rear in a few before the temp goes above 100.
Neil Young

Put the rear on this AM. Did the front last night. Thought it would be cooler this morning to do it. Hit 100 by 10am. Anyways, good looking tires. Plenty of meat. They seem to ride smooth. Only put 30 miles on them, not quite broke in. If I get twice as much mileage on them as I do the Dunlops, I'll be happy.
It hit 103 around here. Like riding in a blast furnace.
Neil Young