skydiver604

P90X

The wife (Linda) and I have struggled with being overweight for years. About 2 1/2 years ago I dropped about 100 pounds, Linda dropped about 50 pounds and then just plateaued, I on the other hand managed to put about 40 lbs back on. A month ago we started the P90X program, both the exercises and the nutrition plan, at first the nutrition plan was a pain the ass, actually had to cook meals.:P We're used to it now and it's no longer an inconvenience. The exercise videos,,,holy crap,,they are tough but we've gotten through the first month. So far I've dropped 18 pounds and the wife has lost 12 pounds. Definitely recommend it for someone lookig to lose weight and get healthy, It's not a diet but a change in lifestyle.

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

It's not a diet but a change in lifestyle.

That's the key, stay with it!

My wife is a work out addict, Zumba class and an hour in the gym every morning...I do an hour in the gym in the AM, and we both do P90 X in the evening.

~ and we've really changed our eating habits. 'Eat Clean' they call it...wow what difference!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I've actually thought about giving this a try. I used to weigh almost 300 pounds and got down to 215 and plateaued as well. i'd love to get the rest of the weight off. A friend of mine is using P90X and he's lost about 25 pounds and i can see results as well.

Hopefully i can heal up quickly from this hernia surgery so i can give it a try. I really wanna get in shape!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

, at first the nutrition plan was a pain the ass, actually had to cook meals.:P

Vskydiver and I rarely go out to eat. Home cooking is 90% of our meals. I think that's one reason we stay pretty trim. :)

Just that? :P

I'll say that it's not just p90x, or crossfit (which I've done for a while) or any other gym/diet option that you see on TV or hear on radio. All of those CAN and WILL work if you don't consider it a magic solution, if you put your time and effort into changing your lifestyle, cutting out bad habits, staying physically active, balancing that with healthy eating, and keep at it. A lot of extreme diets make you lose weight really quickly, but after, you're bound to put some, all or more of it back on. If you change your LIFESTYLE and don't expect a magic pill or diet to do the work for you, you'll get healthy and stay healthy.

Vskydiver and I rarely go out to eat. Home cooking is 90% of our meals. I think that's one reason we stay pretty trim. :)

I'll say that it's not just p90x, or crossfit (which I've done for a while) or any other gym/diet option that you see on TV or hear on radio. All of those CAN and WILL work if you don't consider it a magic solution, if you put your time and effort into changing your lifestyle, cutting out bad habits, staying physically active, balancing that with healthy eating, and keep at it. A lot of extreme diets make you lose weight really quickly, but after, you're bound to put some, all or more of it back on. If you change your LIFESTYLE and don't expect a magic pill or diet to do the work for you, you'll get healthy and stay healthy.

very true. I think that's always been my problem with getting in shape.[:/]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

So DO IT. Make the adjustment, and get in shape.

Think of it this way...your fall rate will improve. ;)

So DO IT. Make the adjustment, and get in shape.

Think of it this way...your fall rate will improve. ;)

True, although i will say i've gotten better at adjusting my fall rate. However, point taken!

perfectly put -

whatever motivates and gets someone to consistently workout HARD and eat smarter is what WORKs. I'm on to 16+ months of P90X (P90X Plus, Insanity) and that change was a ton of fun. For me, it was the variety of the workouts made it easier to stick with it every day - despite that very annoying guy on the videos. Once I did a couple rounds, it was easy to design my own workouts with the same philosophy and get rid of the vids. I've seen similar results from others with Crossfit, kettlebells, Zumba, etc etc etc. There's a reason why the group that markets P90X has about a billion other programs too - everybody is different, there is no magic one formula that engages everybody.

This summer was a slackening of effort, so I'm resetting as of yesterday - Day 1 in the books.

the trick is to find whatever gets you into it for the long haul and to do something everyday - but do it like you mean it. P90X isn't magic, it's a lot of hard effort and commitment.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants