EZMoney

What's with Digitude????

Just curious if anyone has any advice... Had a Digitude altimeter. After doing about 20 jumps from about 17,500 feet MSL the LCD screen began to weep in two different spots. There were no cracks and it is as if it just got too cold. I called Digitude and got no reply. Called again a week later and no reply. Called again and no reply... Well I emailed them and got a reply from Mike to send it in. Sent it in and well that was almost six weeks ago. Called them and received no reply. Called again last week and no reply. Called today and again no reply. I've e-mailed them a few times too!

My conclusion is this outfit has the worst damn customer service I have ever seen. All I would like is at least a return phone call to give me a heads up on when or if I will be getting this thing back... I will never purchase one of their products ever again and will never suggest it to anyone else!!! In other words I am fed up with the lack of service...
90% of my income I'll spend on whiskey, women and good times and the other 10% I'll simply waste!

They probably don't know who to reply to.

Sparky

Email: No email entered.
Jump Profile
Home DZ: No home dropzone entered.
Gear
Container: No container entered.
Main Canopy: No main entered.
Reserve Canopy: No reserve entered.
AAD: No AAD entered.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I also placed a couple of calls before I got a response from Altitude Concepts about my Digitude. I broke my battery cover and needed a replacement. I found out that Mike has been out of the country. Altitude Concepts is a small company and I don't have any problem with them taking some time off. I too run a small business in this industry; it's a lot of long hours and hard work trying to make a living in this sport. I'm sure now that he's back you'll get prompt and good service.
I hate to see a good guy get who makes a damn good product get lambasted so harshly.

Well as fate would have it, the day after I post Mike calls and sends an e-mail. Thanks Mike for a reply, I really appreciate it! Looks like it will be back in my hands soon...

I'm sure most people can understand the frustration of no reply after so long...
90% of my income I'll spend on whiskey, women and good times and the other 10% I'll simply waste!

I've had problems with my Digitude in the past and sent it in for repairs and got a new one back within a week. I didn't have a problem with their customer service. What kind of attitude are you giving them?
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Actually, given the history detailed in the first post, I think a complaint in an open forum is perfectly legitimate. Personally, if I'd received service of that calibre with no explanation or apology I'd be fuming.

If you run a small business and you're going to take a well-deserved holiday, the least you can do is let your customers know about it. Voicemail and out-of-office auto-replies are not rocket science. Nor is a quick I'll-be-out-of-contact-for-a-fortnight email to all customers whose gear is currently in the shop. It's just basic good business practice.

Actually, given the history detailed in the first post, I think a complaint in an open forum is perfectly legitimate. Personally, if I'd received service of that calibre with no explanation or apology I'd be fuming.

If you run a small business and you're going to take a well-deserved holiday, the least you can do is let your customers know about it. Voicemail and out-of-office auto-replies are not rocket science. Nor is a quick I'll-be-out-of-contact-for-a-fortnight email to all customers whose gear is currently in the shop. It's just basic good business practice.

Thats a great response now that you know what all the facts are. (you have only heard one side of the story) When the first post went up he did not know what the situation was and neither did you.

You seem eager to smear a business when they do something you consider not a "good business practice", are you just as quick to post about a business that went out of their way to make you happy?

Sparky

I'm sure most people can understand the frustration of no reply after so long...

But most people wouldn't vent that frustration on an open forum on the internet.[:/]

At least not before getting their long lost item back! That would be ... foolhardy.

Unless he's lying, doesn't seem like there's another side to the story. But he could just be a bad luck case, and we have a countering experience of only a week.

You seem eager to smear a business when they do something you consider not a "good business practice", are you just as quick to post about a business that went out of their way to make you happy?

Yes, I am. Credit where credit is due.

I guess I missed the posts where you have done this.

Well some more background... I mailed this altimeter to them on 12/21/04. Yes, bad timing around the holidays, but any reasonable person would figure two to three weeks and it would be returned. Sparky (this is for you buddy) I enclosed a written letter stating the problem and enclosed my name, address, cell phone number and referenced the e-mail I received from them to send it in... So yes they did know how to reach me and had all of my info which you have no need or right to have here on the net.... I had the item shipped with a tracking number by the USPS and looked it up a few days later to see that it had been received by Digitude. I figured it would be a few weeks with the holidays and all. Initially it was frustrating trying to get a reply on how to send it in but I figured it was a weird coincidence that I did not get a reply. Well I finally got an e-mail from them to send it in after three weeks of trying (three calls and an e-mail) and as I described it was sent in on the 21st of December. For the last couple of weeks I tried three times to get a reply on when I can anticipate receiving my altimeter (calling, leaving my cell number and the serial number of the altimeter). It had been over a month and by the third call and no reply I was upset. Hence the post! I received a message while I was in a simulator evaluation on 2/8/05 (yesterday) that it had been repaired and was ready to be returned... I returned the call at about 12:00 mountain time and received the answering machine again. They had left their cell number this time and I called that later and they answered. They explained they were sorry and that they had just returned from a ten day cruise and were getting on a plane to leave town again, but would mail it from their destination. They explained that there was a problem getting screens to replace the one in my altimeter. Cool no big deal...

Lots of leasons to be learned from this one... People only have so much patience. We all get frustrated and yes this is what forums are also for...to vent! When a customer is left in a state of ignorance as to what is happening with their equipment they get frustrated. A simple e-mail to explain the situation, or out of office message, or simple call would have done wonders to ease my mind. I too have my own one person business in the aviation world and do my best to not let a customers concerns go unaddressed for more than 24 hours by one of the above means. As a result it is successful, but I too have not had a vacation since 1999.....

Just a note to relate my experience...I actually had dropped my almost new Digitude while getting into my truck. The timing was perfect and it was crushed in the door. I sent it back to them expecting to have to pay for a new replacement or at least a substantial repair fee. The amazing thing is they sent me a brand new one no charge!

Consequently I am forever a fan and tell my fellow jumpers whenever I get the chance.