amstalder

Pet owners: How do you deal with the hair???

***How do you deal with the hair???
They stay outside. I grew up with no choice of my own with 5 yorkies inside, and the house reaked so bad I was embarrassed to bring my friends over. Vowed never to let pets live inside( besides fish)

Postes r made from an iPad or iPhone. Spelling and gramhair mistakes guaranteed move along,

So what's the point of having a pet if they are not part of the family? I never understood that mindset.

I bought a house with only 3 bedrooms as being carpeted, the pet zone as tile, and the upstairs (2 cats only occasionally) as hard wood, specifically so that we could have pets, no smell, and do both pet care and entertaining very well.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Furminator removes 90 % of hair:).

This will remove the rest of the hair dust etc from hard surfaces :)

http://www.jansup.com/servlet/the-31549/36in-Microfiber-Dust-Mophead/Detail

K-RIP

Have one of those. They are cool! My living room is huge, so I always feel like I'm missing spots when I do the floors. We saw a furminator at a local pet shop here - $70! So, we're ordering one from amazon. Hopefully it'll be here soon :)

3 dogs and 2 Roombas (pet model). The Roombas work great, you'll be surprised how much they actually pick up besides the pet hair. Expect to have to clean it after each use when you first get it as it will be full of stuff until it has cleaned the whole house several times. After awhile, if you run it every day, the dust bin won't be as full and there will be less hair/debris in it. I have almost all tile with a few throw rugs in the house and they do a decent job on the rugs although you may have to pick up a few hairs near the edges now and then that the roomba misses.

Expect to have to do a bit more than just empty the dust bin and clean the brushes off after about the first 2 months of steady use as you will probably get error code 2 even when the brushes are clean. This requires a phillips screw driver and basic mechanical skills to remove a handful of screws to get at the innards that house the gears that turn the brushes. It takes about 5 minutes to take apart and depending on how dirty your machine is, anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes cleaning off the gears, pulling dust bunnies and goop out of crevasses,etc. Re insert all the screws and it's good to go.

Also, don't even bother using the dust bin that comes attached to the Roomba out of the box. Just switch over to the high volume one that comes as an accessory in the box as it holds more and is easier to clean out.

Thanks for the very extensive review!! :)