virgin-burner

i'm happyhappyhappy!!!

mhmm.. they say "thou shall not praise the day before dawn!"

only day 3 into the new job, but man.. scared shitless at the beginning, still having some insecurities, but for what i can tell, i'm doing a pretty badass job at it.

so far, i've had 1/2 an hour *instruction*, ever since monday morning i've been working independent, i can be creative, there's no routine, no "buisness as usual", no set paths.. nobody tells me what to do really, i can chit-chat with suppliers, my internal customers, i can go out on my own to learn about our processes (as in manufacturing), i arrange meetings, put my own ideas to work..

it's like 20yrs of experience and education in various fields have finally come together to kick me in the arse and get the best out of it! my boss said "you've been off the market for too long, you must be burning to get on it; i'm offering you the chance of a lifetime!".

all i got was a deadline for this evening. most of it i've had monday figured already (or what i've thought..), this morning, i've presented my solution, with only a few minor details still to be managed. but i cant do everything on my own, right!? i'm also relying on suppliers to answer questions for me..

"can i visit our supplier to go check out the machine we're getting, you know, i'd like to have a look at it, having only drawings and specifications may give you a rough idea of what to expect..!?" - "no worries mister, visit whenever you like, i wont stop you!".

i've posted so many rants in here, i've started quite a couple jobs since i joined.. i was happy before, but with this job, i think i can finally be who i am. the inquisitive, detail- and solution-orientated, communicative being that i am! loving every minute of it so far!

that's all!

:)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

good 4 you! keep up the good thoughts

i feel like saying this, maybe it's not necessary but, there will be hard time, but when you get trough it, the light on the other site will be even brighter, kind of like what you are already experiencing.

good 4 you! keep up the good thoughts

i feel like saying this, maybe it's not necessary but, there will be hard time, but when you get trough it, the light on the other site will be even brighter, kind of like what you are already experiencing.

i know, believe me, i KNOW. hence my starting sentence..

my boss can be kinda weird, very reserved sometimes, but maybe, it's like him "setting his boundaries". which is fine, i wouldnt trust myself if i've employed me! :D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda