Shotgun

Hollywood-Area Restaurants?

Preferably vegetarian, or at least reasonably fresh/healthy. Nothing too fancy. We're just spending a casual weekend there and looking for a couple of good places to eat. Will be staying near the Hollywood Forever Cemetery (by Paramount Studios), so walking distance would be great, but a short drive is OK too.

Thanks. :)

I miss The Source.

Almost any real restaurant in LA will have something available for you though. It's not like the concept of specialty diets is a foreign topic there.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The Source was a veg restaurant on Sunset. Fairly famous. Run by a hippy cult, but great stuff. If you've ever seen the end of "Annie Hall" it's the restaurant in LA where Woody Allen is desperately trying to get back together with Diana Keaton and she gives him the final kiss off. Closed down a few years ago.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The Source was a veg restaurant on Sunset. Fairly famous. Run by a hippy cult, but great stuff. If you've ever seen the end of "Annie Hall" it's the restaurant in LA where Woody Allen is desperately trying to get back together with Diana Keaton and she gives him the final kiss off. Closed down a few years ago.

Well, I've always wanted to see "Annie Hall," but I think you just ruined the end for me. :P

And yeah, that Musso & Frank Grill looks both interesting and yummy (I'm craving lobster now), but I don't plan on being dressed up at all on this trip, and it looks a little fancy... but maybe another time. :)

I'm a vegetarian living in Hollywood. My favorite place is Kitchen 24 on Cahuenga. Everything there is solid, and they have a great happy hour and tons of veggie options. If you wanted unhealthy vegan food there's Doomie's on Vine; if you want amazing and cheap Indian food there's India Sweets & Spices on Los Feliz; and 25 Degrees at the Roosevelt is fun and has good veggie burgers. And for raw food there's Lifefood Organic on Cahuenga.

Have fun and enjoy!

Not quite Hollywood, but Elf is such a good vegan restaurant that PETA moved in across the street. I don't know that vegan food is worth a drive, but if you like that sort of thing:

http://elfcafe.com/

if you can't get a res, Mohawk Bend next store marks anything that isn't vegan (NV) on their menu...