bradbuzea

rig value

Hi everyone,
I am new here and not sure if I should ask my question in this room or somewhere else.
I am trying to buy my first rig and I have found an Infinity (DOM 4/1997, 250 jumps reported), PISA Strong Z-Po 170 (5/99) and PISA Tempo 170 (5/02). No ADD. The seller is asking $2000 and is ready to negotiate a little bit. I will have the rig checked by a rigger. Do you think this is a good, decent deal or should I continue looking? I only have around $2500 to spend and I would like to have an ADD, too. I used to rent from the DZ and jump a Sabre2 170 in a Javelin Odyssey.
Thank you everyone,
Happy New Year,
Brad

Infinity containers use to be made by nothern lites and I do not believe they are worth much, I am not sure when the company was sold to Velocity sports but those newer ones are great. I know the add states velocity sports but I would really double check before even considering it (I thought that was around the time the company was sold). Next the main is really unpopular and for that not worth much. Here are just a few adds I quickly came up with that would at least to me be better Container and reserve: madhttp://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=17045&d=1 Main: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=16964&d=1

Container $300-500 depending on condition and what options are on it (i.e. hip rings, kill line main p/c, hacky). Reserve - depending on # of jumps on it, $350-450. Main - $400-600 depending on overall condition and line trim/condition. I'd offer no more than $1500 if it's all in excellent condition.

The main is a rectangular zero porosity nine cell; it flies more like an original Sabre (slower turn rate and a bit steeper glide path than the Sabre2 you've been jumping, roll that nose tight for better openings). It was made by Strong Enterprises, not PISA.

I am trying to buy my first rig and I have found an Infinity (DOM 4/1997, 250 jumps reported), PISA Strong Z-Po 170 (5/99) and PISA Tempo 170 (5/02).

I believe this rig has a zp-exe main, which seemed to be in good condition. if the rig fits you, and you don't freefly, the rig isn't bad. the downsides are limited resale value, which was pointed out by others, and it isn't the best for freeflying.

Container $300-500 depending on condition and what options are on it (i.e. hip rings, kill line main p/c, hacky). Reserve - depending on # of jumps on it, $350-450. Main - $400-600 depending on overall condition and line trim/condition. I'd offer no more than $1500 if it's all in excellent condition.

The main is a rectangular zero porosity nine cell; it flies more like an original Sabre (slower turn rate and a bit steeper glide path than the Sabre2 you've been jumping, roll that nose tight for better openings). It was made by Strong Enterprises, not PISA.

I second that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!