nigel99

back to school after 18 years.

I've been accepted into a part time Masters degree at Curtin. The other good news is that there is funding in place for specific skills shortages within the defence industry. So 100% free for me, paid for by the government.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I've been accepted into a part time Masters degree at Curtin. The other good news is that there is funding in place for specific skills shortages within the defence industry. So 100% free for me, paid for by the government.

Congrats :)You wouldn't get that in the states ;)
Is there enough money left over to become a skydiver again :P:P:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Congrats :)You wouldn't get that in the states ;)
Is there enough money left over to become a skydiver again :P:P:ph34r:

I'm booked into Cams next canopy course (4th August). I'll be plodding along at 3 or 4 jumps a month until the kids school fees shrink.[:/] . I miss hanging out at the dz, and having to do the quick monthly dash for a day isn't great - but family calls.

Very happy with the Oz government to date, there's background stuff that has happened that is simply amazing in terms of flexibility and generosity (sorry won't post specifics online).
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

I know the feeling, sort of. It's been 9 years since I finished my BS and I'm starting on an MS on September. Two years, including summers, I'm a bit nervous but also excited. Good luck!

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I know the feeling, sort of. It's been 9 years since I finished my BS and I'm starting on an MS on September. Two years, including summers, I'm a bit nervous but also excited. Good luck!

Blues,
Dave

Prepare to feel _old_... lol

I started my MBA at 37, and during the intro session, they told us the average age was 31. I looked around the class, and they all looked in their 20s! lol

PS: I realize you are used to look and feel old most of the time at home... :D:P
Remster

Nigel, Dave,

Good luck to you both and I'll be real interested in hearing your experiences.

I'm considering going back for my Masters in Fall 2013 . . got most of the way through once before when the needs of my young family caused my to choose immediate full time work over school.

It'll be about 18 years later for me too if I follow through on going back.

All the nervous but excited comments really ring true for me and I haven't even committed yet. Going back at 45 seems pretty intimidating at times.

Please keep us posted on the ups and downs . . I could really use the motivation to make the leap :)
ZMC