monkeysfist

pulling low

I had something to say until I saw that huge rack on Cheach ... Damn!

Oh yeah ... Don is the fucking man, but he wasn't giving boat rides in March when I was at Perrine.

And tell that bitch to mind her own business. Especially if she isn't an employee of the dz.

On one C182 load when I thought no one was looking, I pulled much lower than I should have. I admit that it was against the rules to do what I did and I never should have done it. Someone saw it and complained to the DZO. I got "talked to" ... From then on, I went back to pulling at 2500. But because of that one fucking jump, everyone who wanted to express their concerns for my safety was bringing up my pull altitude. Long story short ... There was a 3K pull rule in place at the DZ that I had no knowledge of and I was asked to never return.

My thoughts are, pull where ever the hell you want within the uspa recommendations and dz rules, and don't get banned! I like to bend the rules a bit and I have suffered the consequences for doing so. It was not worth it.

Hi Tony,
DZ pull alt floor is 3k??? Oh well, take your $$ elsewhere! So I got a Stiletto 190, not a real snivler but it opens 'bout like most canopies I've had. Anybody that has a canopy that takes a couple of grand to open "normally" hmmmmm? Anyway, I'll step off at 2.5K for a hop and pop and my canopy is open about 50' below the A/C, WTF's the big deal?? 'Generally take it to 2K for the toss and if I have a problem I'll be riding my plan B by 1.5K, fine with me. Hell, some years ago when I was an AFF-I with New Deminsions Flite School at Scare-Us-Valley, when we'd get our student under canopy at 4+k, me, the other JM and the cameraman would fly to the middle and toss 3 or 4 points before we'd turn off and dump. (tracking off included!!) So, take it in stride bud, Geeks like that flake are a dime a dozen in this sport.....I'm still lookin' for the guy supplin' the dimes!!

PS, speakin of that rack on Cheach, it is Deer season!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I had something to say until I saw that huge rack on Cheach ... Damn!

Oh yeah ... Don is the fucking man, but he wasn't giving boat rides in March when I was at Perrine.

And tell that bitch to mind her own business. Especially if she isn't an employee of the dz.

On one C182 load when I thought no one was looking, I pulled much lower than I should have. I admit that it was against the rules to do what I did and I never should have done it. Someone saw it and complained to the DZO. I got "talked to" ... From then on, I went back to pulling at 2500. But because of that one fucking jump, everyone who wanted to express their concerns for my safety was bringing up my pull altitude. Long story short ... There was a 3K pull rule in place at the DZ that I had no knowledge of and I was asked to never return.

My thoughts are, pull where ever the hell you want within the uspa recommendations and dz rules, and don't get banned! I like to bend the rules a bit and I have suffered the consequences for doing so. It was not worth it.

Hi Tony,
DZ pull alt floor is 3k??? Oh well, take your $$ elsewhere! So I got a Stiletto 190, not a real snivler but it opens 'bout like most canopies I've had. Anybody that has a canopy that takes a couple of grand to open "normally" hmmmmm? Anyway, I'll step off at 2.5K for a hop and pop and my canopy is open about 50' below the A/C, WTF's the big deal?? 'Generally take it to 2K for the toss and if I have a problem I'll be riding my plan B by 1.5K, fine with me. Hell, some years ago when I was an AFF-I with New Deminsions Flite School at Scare-Us-Valley, when we'd get our student under canopy at 4+k, me, the other JM and the cameraman would fly to the middle and toss 3 or 4 points before we'd turn off and dump. (tracking off included!!) So, take it in stride bud, Geeks like that flake are a dime a dozen in this sport.....I'm still lookin' for the guy supplin' the dimes!!

PS, speakin of that rack on Cheach, it is Deer season!

Thank you. Finally someone with a few thousand jumps and many many years in the sport who agrees with me on the issue.

Should I have been banned for one 1500FT pull? I don't believe so. Should I have been yelled at and spoken to about it? That seems a little more reasonable punishment to me. Should I have been banned for breaking a rule that I had no idea existed? I don't think so. If there were signs posted at the DZ clearly stating "No Pulls Below 3K", it would be a different story. But this is a small 182 DZ where a lot of things were only being spread by word of mouth. I never had an issue abiding by the 3K rule for the first year I jumped there, but that was due to the fact that I was always pulling by 3K, prior to receiving by B license.

Anyway ... Shitty situation and a dumb mistake on my part. It wouldn't piss me off to the extent that it does, but the DZ was 15 minutes from my home and I had made so many really good friends there. That's the part that angers me the most.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs