clint

Areodyne Tandem Canopy - A2. Comments?

Just a note to say that if you jump the Sigma 395 it is closer to the A2 389 (which is actually bigger then the 395) A more accurate comparison of the two canopies would be a A2 350 to the Sigma 370.

The 389 to S-370 compairison is going to seem that way, because smaller parachutes are always more fun...

And the price difference is more like $1000. (in favor of the A2)

Peace out.

A-

added (to be fair, the hop 330 is the funnist tandem I've ever flown, but I weigh 200, and I took my buddy that was 240 and it ripped, but agian, small and fast is fun, but sometimes not all that practical)
"Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it"

Better turns than anything else size to size.

The flare seems strong, I think the Sigma seems to have a little better flare range. The A2 has a strong flare but it seems later.

Openings on the A2 are great.

The slider...I am too short to reach it. It does not bother me one way or the other.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Retail on the Sigma 370 is $3555.00 which is only $556.00 above the A2, and obviously there are still discounts to be taken into account!
Currently we are working on a smaller 340 and I have personally done a bunch of test jumps and its coming on very nicely - the thing I have always enjoyed about the Sigma mains is the Huge Bottom End Flare one has availible...

As for the small canopies availible - yeah they are super fun, but proves pointless if you cannot shut them down...

Cheers
Egon

"Start doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you're doing the impossible!"