Kuper

Pimp Daddy - cooking and chin cup...

hey all,
1. when i bought my pimp daddy 2004 few month ago, i got the instructions of how to cook it (in order to fit it the best way to me head). i haven't cook it yet, and i lost those instructions. does anybody here have it and can send it to me or put here a scan of it?
2. is it possible to put a chin-cup on the pimp-daddy 2004?

thanx for your help,
Ori.
http://www.orikuper.printroom.com

Thank-you for choosing the PIMPDADDY Open-Faced helmet.
Please read these steps carefully BEFORE fitting your new helmet.

The PIMPDADDY Basics
The liner is made up of three sections of a thermo-formable foam, which when heated will soften and can be molded during the cooling process.

Preheat oven to 200 Fahrenheit or 80 centigrade.

Place the helmet with liner, on a piece of cardboard, in the center of the oven. Make sure the helmet is not touching any sides of the oven.

TURN OFF THE OVEN

Leave the helmet in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the heat permeates the helmet making it more flexible.

Remove the helmet, AND THE CARDBOARD, and place the helmet on your head.

Using a towel or pot holders apply pressure at the ears, pushing the helmet down and towards the ears.

Hold the helmet in this position until the helmet cools and becomes less flexible. Approximately 10 minutes

REMOVE THE CARDBOARD FROM THE OVEN!

The procedure above can be repeated for a custom fit.

Fitting Your Audible
Remove the ear pad and place the audible in-between the elastic (in internal pocket) and ear pad. Replace ear pad back in the helmet.

Helpful Hints and Tricks for The Kitchen - Custom Fitting Instructions

Practice putting the helmet on and taking it off before jumping it.

Always make sure your helmet is on straight during the cooling process. It forms the way you tell it to.

When you remove the ear pads from the oven, before you place them in the helmet pinch down the edges as follows:

Pinch down along the top of the pads until you hear the bubbles begin to pop. This will make it easier for the wings to slip over the flange on the top piece. Continue this down the entire top of the ear pads.

When you place the helmet on your head and have it locked, tuck in the liner in any places it may be sticking out.

Remember that any areas you pinch or compress will remain that way permanently. Do this procedure only in places where it is absolutely necessary.

The helmet may be uncomfortable in the beginning. This is caused by the expansion of air bubbles in the liner at altitude. Be patient, the liner WILL break in and become more comfortable.

And yes you can put a chin cup on a pimp-daddy.

Just be sure to not make it too tight.

The first time I cooked my helmet I made it a little too tight. It was not really uncomfortable but it did impact the accuracy of my audible.

Re-cooked the hat and loosened it up a bit. More comfortable and my audible is bang on every time.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy