noahgordon

1987 vector V5 container

just got it for a first rig and a glide path fury 220 main(still looking for a reserve) and i had a few questions.
-i was told that the rig is not very free fly adaptable, there for no sit flying. well thats fine as i have a lot to work on w/ belly flying fisrt. i am just a little concerned about it and was wondering if anyone could elaborate or add input?
-also the main is F-111, any input? i was told if it started landing hard i could have it sprayed(w/ silicone) to improve things??
-any other input would be great!
thanks
noah

-also the main is F-111, any input? i was told if it started landing hard i could have it sprayed(w/ silicone) to improve things??

There is a process called "Lenordizing" but from what I can tell, it was one rigger (Lenord Moorehead) that was doing it only rarely back in the day...

As for FFing the rig, if you do a search, you'll find a wealth of information, even comments from Bill Booth on the subject.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

he lives in canada and said that they do it in upstate NY somewher, i wonder if it's the same guy?

Nope, not the same guy.

On the flip side, the couple of canopies I saw that were Lenordized, well, the turned into real slammers, opening VERY hard.

The moral of the story is jump what you got and buy something else if you want something else.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

well the reason you would spray it is because it lands hard??
i may call the guy that told me about it and try to find out from the guy who is doing it, maybe there is some way they can keep it from coating every part of the parachute so it won't slam. or maybe i should get good at plf's till i can get a zero p! lol!