SStewart

Well, is that not a kick in the head?

So, last year the USPA bod discussed an idea to give free lifetime membership to members once they reach the 30 year mark. Seemed reasonable, after all these folks are old and have been paying dues for thirty years. They still have to pay for ratings so no problem right? Then there was talk about discounts or maybe 50% off. Blah, Blah.

So, this year I have been a USPA member for 30 years and I get this letter from HQ that I am now a free lifetime member!
Congratulations!

The letter says all I have to do is update my info and pay for my ratings.

Whoo-Hoo!

I am dancing around and loving life, FREE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP! They listened! They love us! Yep, all those years of paying dues FINALLY paid off!

But then I get this email:

Dear USPA Members,
Last month, many USPA members whose Regular memberships expire at the end of December were erroneously mailed the annual Lifetime-member update, instead of the second notice Regular-member renewal form. (You should have received your first notice Regular-member renewal form in October.) The Lifetime-member update indicates that no payment is required to "renew." Please disregard the Lifetime member update form.

If you returned your first notice Regular-member renewal form, no further action is needed. We have your renewal and will be processing it.

If you haven't yet returned a Regular-member renewal form, please ensure that you return that form (or this form) with proper payment. (You may also renew with a credit card online, or at many DZs by providing them with a completed renewal form and payment.)

If you have already returned the Lifetime-member update form to USPA, thinking you were receiving a free membership renewal, we still need you to submit a Regular-member renewal form and payment. (You may also renew with a credit card online, or at many DZs by providing them with a completed renewal form and payment.)

If you returned the Lifetime-member update form with a partial payment for a rating renewal or donation, please call USPA at 540-604-9740 with your credit card handy and we'll arrange your Regular-membership renewal payment.

Turns out I was not so special after all, my 30 years meant nothing, I was just a random member who got the wrong letter.

Talk about the grinch who stole Christmas, Thanks USPA!
Onward and Upward!

I'd've felt pretty stupid -- I finally became a lifetime member after 30 years :D

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)