skydiver2113

AFF completion

Yeah exactly ... They want the USPA to validate credentials for them, but they don't want to participate in any other aspect of the USPA ... How nice of them.

The USPA has existed as an individual membership organization that issued credentials long before the group member program was added. It's not going to fall apart if the group member program goes away.

Do non-uspa dz's have online access to individual uspa membership info?
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Nope. Then again, neither do all USPA DZs ... some are pretty bare-bones operations that don't have/need all that fancy new-fangled technology like 'puters and the Internets.:DB|

That's where that nifty little card that USPA issues comes in handy. Or, for that matter, where the card that BPA, APF, and the many other countries' parachuting associations issue comes in handy.

In fact, come to think of it, I can't recall ever checking in at a new DZ (of the 25+ I've gone to) and having them validate my license/membership online - they've always relied on my card. Manifest is usually pretty busy and I think most would prefer to use the online verification as a backup (say when you've renewed but haven't received your card yet, or if you forget to bring your card).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Nope. Then again, neither do all USPA DZs ... some are pretty bare-bones operations that don't have/need all that fancy new-fangled technology like 'puters and the Internets.:DB|

That's where that nifty little card that USPA issues comes in handy. Or, for that matter, where the card that BPA, APF, and the many other countries' parachuting associations issue comes in handy.

In fact, come to think of it, I can't recall ever checking in at a new DZ (of the 25+ I've gone to) and having them validate my license/membership online - they've always relied on my card. Manifest is usually pretty busy and I think most would prefer to use the online verification as a backup (say when you've renewed but haven't received your card yet, or if you forget to bring your card).

Well my question was do they not have access to that system, because they are non-uspa, not because they are a dz without internet access.

And yes ... Renewed, but had not yet received a new card. That was my situation a few weeks ago. New fangled technology rocks!
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

New fangled technology rocks!

Ah, but there's something to be said for the old-school, cash-only, grass strip, manifest is a table set up under a tent with a lockbox for the cash and a rock to keep the waivers from blowing away kind of DZs. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke