mjrod

PC Type Question

Hey everyone,

I am almost ready to complete my Wings container order from http://www.para-service.com/ and I have a question as to the type of PC to order. Collapseable ZP or F111. We took advantage of the cut in laterals, articulated harness, and the backpad. My wife will be jumping a Sabre 170, and I am going for the Sabre\Sabre II 230 when I can find a used one, although I need to lose 10 more lbs to get down to 230.

Thanks,

Miguel
<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

The biggest arguement I have heard against a ZP pilot chute is that it is more likely to slip out of its pouch early. I haven't really found this to be the case but some people swear by F111 pilot chutes. I think that as long as you pack your pilot chute nice and tight it shouldn't be a problem and a ZP pilot chute will last you a lot longer than an F111 would.

If you're getting a Wings their pud design nicely complements the choice of a ZP PC. As indicated above one of the only concerns about a ZP PC is that there is the possability that there may be an increased risk that it will slip out of the BOC. The Wings pud design makes this much less likely to happen when comparison to hacky deployment handles and IMO effectively eliminates the issue.

(jmo)

If you're getting a Wings their pud design nicely complements the choice of a ZP PC. As indicated above one of the only concerns about a ZP PC is that there is the possability that there may be an increased risk that it will slip out of the BOC. The Wings pud design makes this much less likely to happen when comparison to hacky deployment handles and IMO effectively eliminates the issue.

(jmo)

You probably mean the "freefly handle," not the pull-out. Zat so?

Get the ZP oops.. I mean.. I would suggest the ZP Pilot chute and the Freefly Handle.

Pilot chutes used to be really big and made with f-111. When ZP pilot chutes became common, the pilot chute pouches remained the same. That has since changed.

ZP, with the Freefly Handle that tucks in is very secure.

Hey man I am also ordering the wings from para-service and let me tell you that they are great.
Send me a pic of your rig and your wife's rig when ever you get it. I went with the ZP, because the only bad thing they told me is that at the beginning is going to be a pain in the neck to pack it, but that it will last longer.

Yup - what Wings call freefly handles most others call puds, regardless of whether they're on a pull out or a throw away system.

Given that the design of a pud makes little difference to the risk of a premature on a pull out system, I'd hoped my intended subject was apparent.