skymama

Facebook users: send Colin a birthday greeting

Passing this along because I thought it was super sweet. It's hard making friends when you're not the cool kid!

His mom created this Facebook page and said:
"I am Colin's mom, I created this page for my amazing, wonderful, challenging son who is about to turn 11 on March 9th. Because of Colin's disabilities, social skills are not easy for him, and he often acts out in school, and the other kids don't like him. So when I asked him if he wanted a party for his birthday, he said there wasn't a point because he has no friends. He eats lunch alone in the office everyday because no one will let him sit with them, and rather than force someone to be unhappy with his presence, he sits alone in the office. So I thought, if I could create a page where people could send him positive thoughts and encouraging words, that would be better than any birthday party. Please join me in making my very original son feel special on his day."
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Passing this along because I thought it was super sweet. It's hard making friends when you're not the cool kid!

"I am Colin's mom, I created this page for my amazing, wonderful, challenging son who is about to turn 11 on March 9th. Because of Colin's disabilities, social skills are not easy for him, and he often acts out in school, and the other kids don't like him. So when I asked him if he wanted a party for his birthday, he said there wasn't a point because he has no friends. He eats lunch alone in the office everyday because no one will let him sit with them, and rather than force someone to be unhappy with his presence, he sits alone in the office. So I thought, if I could create a page where people could send him positive thoughts and encouraging words, that would be better than any birthday party. Please join me in making my very original son feel special on his day."

I saw that on GMA this morning... what a great mom.... Kudo's to her!!!!!

Yeah, that's where I saw it too. If you scroll down the page you can see a video of him. He seems like a kid with a lot of energy! It breaks my heart that he doesn't have any friends.
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Colin's page had 40,000 likes yesterday when I first posted this, right now it has 1.1 million. That is so awesome! B|

Amazon

***Passing this along because I thought it was super sweet. It's hard making friends when you're not the cool kid!

I saw that on GMA this morning... what a great mom.... Kudo's to her!!!!!

What precisely did they show on GMA? The actual mom and kid?

Because without that this still looks like a typical Facebook "like" scam.

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57594894-285/how-to-spot-and-avoid-facebook-like-scams/
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/21/tech/social-media/facebook-like-farming/
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upgrade-your-life/facebook-scam-alert---what-really-happens-when-you--like--150959399.html

Yes, sad to say, some people are so messed up, they'll use images of sick children for their own profit.

I don't want to be cynical, but the world today makes me lose faith in humanity.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Oh yeah, they interviewed her and showed footage of him. I've seen his little sister in videos too. Last night she posted:

Wow, the support and love has been amazing. Thank you all! I do want to mention that we are no longer doing any interviews, and we are not accepting call. And Colin's school is no longer accepting calls. Please remember THIS IS A SECRET! We love all the support, but let's keep it on the page, please.