rajsingh0621

AFF and A Rating

Hi everyone, I'm new to skydiving so I had few questions which I couldn't figure out from FAQ. With AFF, you can jump solo after 7th or 8th jump, but you need at least 25 jumps before getting A rating.

Can you tell me what will the A rating allow me to do vs completing the AFF course and doing a 9th jump solo?

Here's what I assume and please correct me if I'm wrong. With the A rating, I can go to any drop zone and show them my A rating and pay $25 or so for each jump. But until I get the A rating, I have to stay at the same school where I did AFF training, because only they know I'm allowed to jump solo and only they will let me. Or I have to carry AFF certificate with me wherever I go until I get an A rating, and afterwards only carry my A rating wherever I go.

Just needed a little more clarification on this.

Hi everyone, I'm new to skydiving so I had few questions which I couldn't figure out from FAQ. With AFF, you can jump solo after 7th or 8th jump, but you need at least 25 jumps before getting A rating.

Can you tell me what will the A rating allow me to do vs completing the AFF course and doing a 9th jump solo?

Here's what I assume and please correct me if I'm wrong. With the A rating, I can go to any drop zone and show them my A rating and pay $25 or so for each jump. But until I get the A rating, I have to stay at the same school where I did AFF training, because only they know I'm allowed to jump solo and only they will let me. Or I have to carry AFF certificate with me wherever I go until I get an A rating, and afterwards only carry my A rating wherever I go.

Just needed a little more clarification on this.

hey there - and welcome!

This is a question better suited for the Instructors Forum

or even General Skydiving Discussions . . .

Have fun and enjoy!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

you are only allowed to jump by yourself or with a person holding a Instructor or coach rating or a D License Holder until you get your A. once you have your A you can jump with other Licensed skydivers (not just ones with a coach rating or a D License).

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

you are only allowed to jump by yourself or with a person holding a Instructor or coach rating or a D License Holder until you get your A. once you have your A you can jump with other Licensed skydivers (not just ones with a coach rating or a D License).

Matt

he is right.

i was applying the k.i.s.s principal since the op probably doesn't know the difference. he asked a general question and i gave a general answer. i'll shut up now.
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."