hcsvader

Ton Sai

Here is an awesome video of Ton Sai in Thailand. I have spent about 8 months there over the past 3 years :)
http://player.vimeo.com/video/101907072?color=ff0179

Its a bit of a secret spot that is famous for climbing and base jumping and drinking yourself stupid on the beach.

Unfortunately there is major construction happening there at the moment and all the old family restaurants, bars and bungalows are getting bulldozed to build a big concrete resort. It will be a change from the crappy bamboo huts I'm used to staying in, but its not going to stop me from visiting one my favourite places in the world.

If you ever find yourself in SE Asia, I highly recommend spending a couple days there and then leave a month later
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Looks beautiful. V and I have only done Thailand once, skydiving for a couple of weeks, but it was one of the most wonderful places I've been. It ranks at the top with us for fun, food, friendly locals, scenery and adventure. Sorry to hear a mega resort is moving in.

They pave paradise and put up a parking lot. [:/]

Thats the cost of progress, I suspect the rock climbing will still be available, and the local mom and pop businesses will relocate inland and still be available to the budget minded tourists

Thailand was a very nice place back in the later half of the 60s. We spent a week there mostly working. IMO the Thai people are very gracious, and have some of the most beautiful women in SEA.

Back in the day we heard a apple could get a person almost anything.;)

One Jump Wonder

yeah it looks like most things are just getting pushed back farther into the jungle.

Will be interesting to see how it works out. The build a big resort in the back of the bay 2 years ago and business did not seem to be going very well for them.

I really wouldn't recommend tonsai as a beach destination. the sand isn't that nice, the tides are huge leaving a good 500m of dead coral exposed at low tide, and the water in the bay is septic. Not an ideal resort getaway type place.
Have you seen my pants?

hcsvader

yeah it looks like most things are just getting pushed back farther into the jungle.

Will be interesting to see how it works out. The build a big resort in the back of the bay 2 years ago and business did not seem to be going very well for them.

I really wouldn't recommend tonsai as a beach destination. the sand isn't that nice, the tides are huge leaving a good 500m of dead coral exposed at low tide, and the water in the bay is septic. Not an ideal resort getaway type place.

Hi

Build it and someone will come. :ph34r:

Maybe watching the base jumpers, cliff jumpers will be used in marketing the latest and greatest hidden thai getaway. :ph34r:

Just for you I can let you have a condo, or sell you some time shares in this new venture that can't fail at a introductory price.:ph34r:

Trust me:S
One Jump Wonder

so far as know nothing has started yet.
railey beach is right next to ton sai on the peninsula. Its much nicer than Ton Sai but also more resorty.

What are you looking to get out of the trip?

eta
ill be there early october so will have better idea of the status then
Have you seen my pants?