anu1786

AFF 1 Jitters

You got this, hon. The training at Perris is good, the student parachutes are enormous and you already know a bit about the process from your tandems.

Don't bother with bungee jumping to shake out your nerves--head to the wind tunnel. It'll help you more; I promise.

http://extremesports.about.com/od/skydiving/a/The-5-Things-Every-Skydiver-Must-Know-but-No-One-Will-Tell-You.htm

XOXOX
'Nette

Yeah! Let us know how it goes!

On top of the other great advice in this thread, I humbly suggest you poop before getting on the plane. I pooped before every AFF jump and was very glad for a mostly empty ladies' room when I was training. And don't fart on the plane--you're going to want to--and it's going to smell terrible. Nervous farts are the WORST. Clench those cheeks.
I'm not a lady, I'm a skydiver.

I have to say I am also pretty freaked out by AFF 1. I never jumped before, and come this weekend, I will do tandem, AFF 1 and AFF 2.

I was supposed to jump last Sunday. Took FJC, and will be practicing PLFs in the gym today. Thanks to rain, I didn't jump.

I practice at least 30 minutes a day with arch, dive flow, using an app on my phone to give me fake altimeter. While I can probably be woken up at 3am, and perfectly repeat 3 Cs and 4 S's, give perfect dive flow steps and so on, the fact that I will be tossed out of the plane at 13500 feet is still unnerving.

nettenette

You got this, hon. The training at Perris is good, the student parachutes are enormous and you already know a bit about the process from your tandems.

Don't bother with bungee jumping to shake out your nerves--head to the wind tunnel. It'll help you more; I promise.

http://extremesports.about.com/od/skydiving/a/The-5-Things-Every-Skydiver-Must-Know-but-No-One-Will-Tell-You.htm

XOXOX
'Nette

Made you a clicky!

Love your articles, Annette. Wish you could have calmed me down before my first jump. :D