jclalor

And now...

jclalor

***Met NDT in person once. He's a dick.

Elaborate.

I was in college, pre 2010, and he came to our campus to give a talk. I worked at the campus bookstore, and regularly took the extra hours to work events like this later in the evening. We would stay open late to sell whatever speaker's book was being promoted.

Anyway, he finishes his talk and came to the signing table, where I was selling his books. He asked which one I liked better, and I honestly told him I hadn't read either of them, and that I was just simply working overtime. He went on for about a minute and a half, talking down to me about how I should read more. I didn't say a word when he was done embarrassing me, I just went on trying to do my job.

YMMV, but he rubbed me the wrong way for no reason at all.

JohnnyMarko

******Met NDT in person once. He's a dick.

Elaborate.

I was in college, pre 2010, and he came to our campus to give a talk. I worked at the campus bookstore, and regularly took the extra hours to work events like this later in the evening. We would stay open late to sell whatever speaker's book was being promoted.

Anyway, he finishes his talk and came to the signing table, where I was selling his books. He asked which one I liked better, and I honestly told him I hadn't read either of them, and that I was just simply working overtime. He went on for about a minute and a half, talking down to me about how I should read more. I didn't say a word when he was done embarrassing me, I just went on trying to do my job.

YMMV, but he rubbed me the wrong way for no reason at all.

I could see how that could leave you pissed off.

JohnnyMarko

******Met NDT in person once. He's a dick.

Elaborate.

I was in college, pre 2010, and he.... talking down to me about how I should read more.

Cause, its not like you don't have a mountain of reading to do for class in between working and maybe sleeping while in college to have recreational reading time, huh? :S
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.