kallend

Atlanta airport.....

Came back from St. Maarten through ATL yesterday.

Immigration was a breeze, no hassles, smooth and quick.

Checked bags were already on the carousel when we got there.

Clearing Customs was quick.

Re-checking the bags for the connecting flight was quick and easy.

Then TSA got involved. Everyone had to be re-screened despite never having left the secure area. No "TSA pre-screen" despite having "Trusted Traveler" status. Long, slow moving lines. We made our connection (just) but I'm sure some people missed theirs.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

International arrivals suck everywhere. Came back to CLE from Cancun is February. Cleveland's program is terrible. You have to board a bus to get from international arrivals to immigration. Our friends came back a week later. Some fool had parked a plane where the bus was supposed to be. They waited three hours...no bathrooms, no chairs. I might be writing this from a jail cell had that happened to me.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Should have seen tsa on me coming back from Orlando to SoCal w/a chunk of gator tail in my carry on last mth. :D They didn't like all the metal IN me nor all the gunshot residue all over me and my luggage either. Almost missed my flight. >:(

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

You should try leaving Aruba on a Saturday. You have to do US customs as well as Aruban customs before you leave the airport. The whole mess funnels everyone down to one metal detector. When they tell you to arrive 3 hours early for your flight they aren't kidding.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

You're lucky you're not flying through today. Hartsfield is shut down due to severe storms with large hail and potential tornadoes.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

BillyVance

You're lucky you're not flying through today. Hartsfield is shut down due to severe storms with large hail and potential tornadoes.

Yes, but human stupidity isn't responsible for thunderstorms.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

airdvr

International arrivals suck everywhere. Came back to CLE from Cancun is February. Cleveland's program is terrible. You have to board a bus to get from international arrivals to immigration. Our friends came back a week later. Some fool had parked a plane where the bus was supposed to be. They waited three hours...no bathrooms, no chairs. I might be writing this from a jail cell had that happened to me.

Not necessarily. Southwest's new international arrivals building in Houston Hobby is fantastic. I've come through there twice since it opened in 2015 - once from Cancun, once from Costa Rica. Both times super efficient and easy with only moderate walking to get from there back to the domestic area (there was a brief delay the second time through because a baggage carousel got jammed, but that could happen anywhere).

And I'm pretty sure the re-check through TSA once you're on U.S. soil is standard procedure no matter the point of entry.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke