sid

Infinity Main Closing Question

When you pack up the main on an Infinity, do you place the main risers on top of the reserve riser cover flap (like on a V3) or do you tuck them underneath and place them on top of the reserve risers?

Couldn't find that nugget in the owners manual...

thanks
pd
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Since that is not mentioned in the owner's manual, I would place the main risers on top of the reserve cover flap. That would lessen the wear on the reserve risers.

Chuck

That was my thoughts, but the owner has been packing them under that flap. I just wanted to try and get clarification
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

The Infintiy was designed to have the main risers placed under the reserve top flap (pocket). This location makes the riser covers the most secure that they can be. The shape of the reserve top flap and riser cover tuck tab are significantly different than the V-3 that requires the risers to be placed on top of the pocket. If the jumper wants to place the risers on top of the pocket, that will work fine, but it will reduce the ability of the riser cover to stay securely closed, most likely not significantly.

As far as excess wear on the reserve risers, I have never seen any wear on reserve risers due simply to main risers laying on top of them. You are more likely to find wear caused by the components of the release system (housing ends, riser inserts, etc.) and RSL's that use velcro:)