bigtim

Legs Straps Slippings?

Just got a new rig, chest strap rides perfectly across lower chest on the ground, but when under canopy, the chest strap moves way to close to my throat for comfort. If I put my chin down to look at my feet I hit the chest trap. This rig is new, only 5 jumps, but is either a little tall for me, or the leg straps are slipping a bit on opening. This never happened to me much on my Javelins but this is a new rig from a different vendor. Nice high quality rig but the cinch hardware on the leg straps doesn't seem to be doing the job. The Javelin's I have had always used cinch hardware that had dimples, these are totally smooth. Anyhow, I've never had a new rig before, Will the legs straps slip less as the fabric of the leg straps gets broke in a little?

You say the problem is either leg straps slipping or chest strap is too high. Can you determine which it really is?

A forum search for legstrap slipping suggests that your options are to try and baby the legstrap hardware by putting the elastic keeper in just the right place (and possibly using an additional keeper), or sending it back to have better hardware put on.

With regards to dimples vs. smooth, I was surprised to jump someone's Mirage the other day with mirror-smooth strap hardware. The legstraps didn't move (not that I thought they would) and the chest strap was like a steel trap! Usually I like to loosen my chest strap under canopy, and the mirage was not going to let me do that until I had all the tension off it (by squeezing my MLWs together).

So I'm saying hardware finish alone doesn't make or break whether the hardware holds stuff in place.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Hi,

I had the same problem with my Odyssey. I had to actually send my rig back to replace the leg straps, which were damaged during a runway landing, and Aggie had the buckles also replaced. After that, the leg straps have been working wonderfully. They never slipped again.

It took Sunpath about a week to complete the whole service.

Maybe e-mail Aggie and talk to him about what they can do for you.

Bloos,

Thereza

was thinking the same thing sounds like an ICON more you get con ned.

WOW another quality post my you!! Seems you search the forums to see where you can find any cause to bad mouth Aerodyne. Lets not forget that the manufacturer of the harness you jump, and a spring loaded reserve pilot chute, that failed. It had taken them years of hard work R&D and trial and error, to get to where they are, and now make a solid harness.

As for the Icon, they have had issues with leg straps slipping, and have been working on a solution, and have posted bulletins on their website.

I have seen the Icon legstraps, slip a few millimeters while moving in the aircraft or walking, this also will happen during free fall movement, but I am not aware of slippage while under tension or under canopy.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

may sounds stupid but im still new and dont know, but can you have a rigger tighten the leg straps up? Like if they are just a hair to big could he shorten them and keep them from slipping??
--------------------------------------------------
Fear is not a confession of weakness, it is an oportunity for courage.