AbstractAlex

Finished AFF 2 Weeks Ago! A license this weekend!

Hey guys!

I did a tandem last year and since then I've wanted to jump out alone. So two weeks ago I completed my AFF in 7 jumps and this weekend I'm going to try and finish up the requirements for my A license!

I recently got a Cookie G3 because I loved the look of it. I really want to get into camera flying (once I have 200 jumps) but it sounds like the G3 is bad for this due to a lack of any decent quick release system :(

I'm Canadian but living in the silicon valley for the summer doing a software engineering internship. I develop video games and work on a game engine.

Anyhow I figured I'd introduce myself, I've only got 22 jumps but I'm really excited to get into the sport!

I jump at the Parachute Center. I love the atmosphere and people there.

Almost got everything I need for an A license, I'll unfortunately have to wait for one more trip because I need to finish up by demonstrating I can pack a parachute without assistance and do a final dive with an instructor.

I got this cool video from a coach who was helping me with my fall speed since I'm only 120lbs. I sideslip horribly at the start but I can fall a lot faster than I used to be able to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPLpv5RNzbI