alain

Safire-1 @ 1,5:1 ?

wondering if some of you have significant experience with the Safire-1 at those wl ?
how does it fly ? (glide on a long spot, dive, recovery arc, flare...)
I've done 500ish jumps with a safire-1 at 1,3:1, I love it but love something slightly faster. I can hardly find a smaller one to test around here.
First though goes to the safire 'coz i love the openings (wingsuit friendly) and general flight specs...

I'm jumping one at about 1.55, at a DZ about 5000ft AMSL - also for wingsuit dives, or as a back to back rig for busy AFF days.

It's probably the best all round canopy I've ever jumped.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Exact w/l of my Safire1. Don't know if you had the line trim mod, cause that makes a big difference.

W/O Mod - great swoops and with a little wind, could pop it up on the bottom end to flare. No-wind=no flare.

W/Mod - flys like a safire2.

However, the safire 1 at one size is the equivalent of a safire2 that is twenty square feet less (i.e., if you're flying a Safire1 189, then the safire2 equivalent is a safire2 169)

thanks both of you for input :)
I've had mine relined with the original trim one hundred jumps ago, I just love the way it flyes and did not want the new trim w/o having tested it. I've learned to slide out my swoops on no wind days ;)
beside the bottom end flare, did you notice any significant change with the -2 trim ?
(openings, glide, dive, recovery arc...)
do you rekon the -1 is a more swooping friendly ?

do you mean 1,55 wl based on the warning label's size or with the 'true' size (safire-1 size + 7% = safire-2 size)