12befreefalling

The original dream.

I have never been skydiving or attempted to base jump, anything to that effect.. I dream of flying, I imagine how my body would feel soaring through the air and picture having so much control. In my mind there's few other things that that feel so completely natural and destined.. yet i've never even come close. Before I saw the documentary on "The original dream of flight" it all just came in to complete focus, I earn to fly, not with a big heavy plane, but with a modified version of myself. I would love to realize my dream but I have limited resources and to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure that I will ever be able to fund and organize, then execute a goal of this magnitude. I just wanted to say that I admire what you all do, and I'm with you when I dream. Keep the original dream of flying alive!

Well...turning ANY dream into a reality takes effort and when it means that much to someone, they find a way.
A goal of this magnitude is a mountain moved ONE ROCK AT A TIME and before you know it, you've moved the mountain. Many have earned their way by learning how to pack parachutes at a DZ.

In reading your post, it also sounds like this dream you've had and chased is now looking for you!

Either it stays a dream or it becomes real...that choice is yours!

Give it a go. I've wanted to do a skydive for years and never had the bottle to do it,always believing i'd chicken out at the last minute. A few weeks ago i did my first tandem skydive, believe me there's no feeling like it and i've now booked in for the full course.

It's nothing like you imagine and everything you think it will be, and if you do your first one for charity someone else gets to benefit as well

get up there an live your dream