BobxMarley

Hello Forum. (Dropzone: Lake Elsinore, CA)

Hey everyone. Name is Bob and I'm 25. I'm new to Skydiving and I joined this forum to help educate myself of whats to come. I've done two tandem jumps at Lake Elsinore, CA which have hooked me into starting the AFF program.

If anyone has any experiences, advice, or memories of their AFF jumps, I'd love to hear them!
Klaasic

BobxMarley

Hey everyone. Name is Bob and I'm 25. I'm new to Skydiving and I joined this forum to help educate myself of whats to come. I've done two tandem jumps at Lake Elsinore, CA which have hooked me into starting the AFF program.

If anyone has any experiences, advice, or memories of their AFF jumps, I'd love to hear them!

Welcome to the place, Bob!
I have lots of memories ranging from terror to the best time of my life. Strangely them terrifying ones was when I wasn't even outside the plane!

Its a sport so unique that it will be a memory you never let go.

Advice: listen and trust your instructors, spend a lot of time at the dz, and remember its all a big family. Nobody says you have to love your drunken pervert uncle.... But he is blood ;)
You are not the contents of your wallet.

Hi Bob,
So yer gonna' do AFF!! Yup, a couple of cases of Beer ago Pat Swovelin and I took this AFF-I stu. named Dave Gould on his "First Jump" (this was a couple of years before Tandems came on the scene) he related to us in the debrief,"We got in the door and I was scared sh*tless!! I looked at Bill and he was grinning and nodded OK, then Pat and he was grinning too and nodded Ok! Got to thinkin' what am I scared for? these guys have over 1500 jumps apiece so l'm in good hands and let's have some fun!!" Have a good time guy!! First time I jumped at Elsinore was AUG of 1967, lots of divin' been done there over the years!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I just completed levels 1 and 2 yesterday! Super stoked. Before my first jump I was nervous about flying my canopy. But I realized it wasn't that big of deal. I had a great ground school instructor and awesome dive instructors.

It had to be one of the most humbling, confidence building, fun, and focused moments I've ever experienced.

Super stoked to join the skydiving family! Can't wait to finish AFF!
Klaasic

Welcome to the sport!

Elsinore is an awesome DZ, very chilled out and very relaxed. Who are your instructors?

Loads of british guys going over for the next month to do AFF, so loads of guys in the same boat as you.
At long last the light at the end of the tunell isnt an on coming train!!!

Yesterday, I saw a group of 20 guys with luggage show up. Maybe that was the group of British guys you were talking about?

Barry Williams was my ground school instructor. He means business but has a great sense of humor when appropriate.

Adrian Bond was my main-side instructor. That dude is super cool and a great teacher. He knows how you keep you focused and calm. I think hes on vacation for all of November tho.

Kenn Walker was my reserve side instructor. He was detailed but quiet. I think he was quiet because he wanted me to take most of my instruction from my main-side (Adrian).

I trusted both of them 100% percent. They were both very experienced. I hear that Elsinore is a great DZ for students. The winds are predictable because of the lake. The landing zone is large. The weather is good this time of year.
Klaasic