flyingdrinkard

New guy from central texas

Hey guys and gals. Thought I would drop a line and introduce myself. I'm Sam, I am from San Marcos Tx, where I am a student at Texas State, I also dabble in real estate on the side. Skydive San Marcos is home for me. I love the people and the encouraging atmosphere out there. I am new to the sport, and just recieved my A license a few weeks ago. Trying to further my knowledge about skydiving not only by being at the dz as much as possible but by lurking and listening as much as possible. ;)

Just an update. I graduated AFF 8-19-13 and have continued jumping. I am up to 36 jumps as of last week. So far I have taken part in a few 2 ways, and some larger formation tracking dives (tracking seemed to come naturally to me) with some very experienced jumpers at SSM. My last jump was a 5 way tracking dive that went excellent and all of us in formation were as close as 3-5 feet from each other for the majority of the flight. Also have been downsizing my canopies, started at a 230 (.8 WL) and now am at a 170 (1.1 WL). I think I will stay at this canopy size for a while to work on canopy control and maneuvers. So far it has been awesome and I am am hoping it will continue to be. I am just now starting to look for gear so I can get away from rental gear.